procharger problems >

procharger problems

Notices

procharger problems

Old 07-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default procharger problems

I have a 7.4 mpi 310 HP with a M1 procharger tried it at the lake for the first time today with the install of the procharger the boat idled fine but had no power wouldnt go over 3000 rpm and oil was comming out of the dip stick tube so i loaded it back on the trailer and looking for answers oil preasure was fineprop was a 25 4 blade plugs set at .45
Old 07-24-2006, 03:57 AM
Registered

Default Re: procharger problems

Hi

I have read about this problem several times on the web regarding that motor with the exact same issues which is the same as my engine. I beleive you are having blow by oil issues but the reason why it can't rev past 3000rpm amazes me....

I do know that if you do a search this forum has threads regarding similar issues of oil coming out of the dipstick. I watch this thread with much interest.

regards,

Richard
Old 07-24-2006, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Better do a leakdown test and find out why. Look at your plugs as your pulling them out for signs of detonation.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Registered

Where do you have your PCV hooked up? If it is on the boost side of the supercharger it will blow the dipstick out in a hurry! It has to be at the supercharger intake.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by snake plissken
I have a 7.4 mpi 310 HP with a M1 procharger tried it at the lake for the first time today with the install of the procharger the boat idled fine but had no power wouldnt go over 3000 rpm and oil was comming out of the dip stick tube so i loaded it back on the trailer and looking for answers oil preasure was fineprop was a 25 4 blade plugs set at .45
I think you have 2 separate problems. Try to tighten the gap on the plugs to maybe 35 or so. If you have stock ignition you can actually "blow-out" the spark at higher RPM's. With an ignition box like MSD 45 will be fine though. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? I assume you had to change the regulator maybe somethings messed up there and youre not getting any pressure. As far as blowing oil out the dipstick the blower will give you much more crankcase pressure so you may have found out the hard way you have a ring problem, or maybe you just need to ventilate a little better.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Re: procharger problems

If your cylinders are in good shape with good compression and leakdowns, then I think Blowncrown has hit the nail on the head, you are probably putting boost pressure into your existing PCV system routing. re-route it to the air intake side of the supercharger.

Ray @ Raylar
Old 07-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered

I have a Jacobs ignition had it on even before i installed the procharger hmmm as far as the pcv i need to go and look my motor is 1999 model mpi and im sure it wasnt ever moved from stock location .i even have red line full synthetic doesnt really matter i guess could it be the oil cooler on back wards or something of that nature..