Headers Vs. HP  Manifolds >

Headers Vs. HP Manifolds

Notices

Headers Vs. HP Manifolds

Old 08-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Headers Vs. HP Manifolds

Has anyone heard of these manifolds. I spoke with the manufacturer and was told they are aluminum, have individual runners, coated on the inside and will bolt right up to the factory risers. I have a 7.4 MPI looking for a little more low to mid range power. What do ya think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1
Old 08-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bghert
Has anyone heard of these manifolds. I spoke with the manufacturer and was told they are aluminum, have individual runners, coated on the inside and will bolt right up to the factory risers. I have a 7.4 MPI looking for a little more low to mid range power. What do ya think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1
Those are Dennis Moore's mainifolds. He will tell you himself they do not offer much of a performance improvement over stock, just weight savings and a better manifold/riser joint.

Last edited by onesickpantera; 08-18-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Registered

Here's the website.

http://www.glmmarine.com/manifolds/
Old 08-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Registered

The cutaway shows individual runners, but you would know better than I. Dennis told me they would improve power slightly but not drastically. I think the weight savings might be worth it. I added three extra Optima batteries and I am just trying to make up for the extra weight. Worth the money?
Old 08-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Registered

The cutaway shows individual runners, but you would know better than I. Dennis told me they would improve power slightly but not drastically. I think the weight savings might be worth it. I added three extra Optima batteries and I am just trying to make up for the extra weight. Worth the money?
Yep, my bad I read that after I posted. The price is right that's for sure! I think you can get a set with risers for under $600.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Registered

I think I'll give them a shot. I am not going to have the boat out agian until labor Day weekend but I will follow up with some feedback. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Registered

Don't forget about us if you ever are in the market for a nice set of CMI Headers!!

Kirk
Ateco Engine and Dyno Shop
www.atecoengines.com
Old 08-19-2006, 08:16 AM
Registered

You may want to consider doing a search here in the tech section on Dennis Moore's manifolds. Someone on here bought some and the quality was lacking, missing harware, as well as poor customer service.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Registered

I appreciate the feedback. I think I am going to hold off and spend the extra money on a set of proven performance manifolds. I am not looking for a big gain but just a little better performance out of the hole. I have a 26' Envision open bow and it is very sluggish when full of people and coolers. I am not sure how much a set of manifolds will help the 7.4 mpi. All I have done to this point is a K&N filter. Who makes the best bang for the buck when it comes to manifolds.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I am not looking for a big gain but just a little better performance out of the hole. Who makes the best bang for the buck when it comes to manifolds.
If the only mods you're doing to the engine is a performance exhaust manifold system, then you most likely will not experience any top end gains/speed. The only thing you may see is a "kick" in the midrange which sounds like what you're looking for anyway.

I have always known the Stainless Marine exhaust system to be pretty reasonable, but there are several aftermarket systems available---even more than what I have listed. Maybe some of the other guys can chime in who have had experience with other manifolds.

Stainless Marine
GIL
Eddie Marine
IMCO

Quick Reply: Headers Vs. HP Manifolds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.