Anyone have any experience with Derebery or ASM >

Anyone have any experience with Derebery or ASM

Notices

Anyone have any experience with Derebery or ASM

Old 08-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any experience with Derebery or ASM

I have a 01 288 Sunsation with a 502 MPI that I want to do a mild upgrade after the season is over. I talked with Jim @ASM & Matt @ Derebery both have similar upgrade combos that will get me in the neighborhood of 550hp without putting anything on kill. Extrude & port factory intake
port bowls & match heads, valve job with new springs & valves, Cam & recal the computer . I already have CMI & ASM filter. Does anyone this combo have any dealings with either ASM or Derebery. Lets hear it good or Bad!!!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone have any experience with Derebery or ASM

LakeX,
I have a friend here with your exact combo. Did the AZSM mods and really picked up some HP and MPH.
I have used AZSM on my 575 mods and am very pleased with the results.
Steve
Old 08-16-2006, 08:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Tyler Crockett has a good package too:

http://www.crockettmarineengines.com/products.html
Old 08-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Registered

If I was anywhere near Tyler Crockett, my motor would be going there.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
LakeX,
I have a friend here with your exact combo. Did the AZSM mods and really picked up some HP and MPH.
I have used AZSM on my 575 mods and am very pleased with the results.
Steve
Zuck you have a PM
Old 08-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lake-x
I have a 01 288 Sunsation with a 502 MPI that I want to do a mild upgrade after the season is over. I talked with Jim @ASM & Matt @ Derebery both have similar upgrade combos that will get me in the neighborhood of 550hp without putting anything on kill. Extrude & port factory intake
port bowls & match heads, valve job with new springs & valves, Cam & recal the computer . I already have CMI & ASM filter. Does anyone this combo have any dealings with either ASM or Derebery. Lets hear it good or Bad!!!!!
I do not have expierence with the ASM or Derebery but I will say that you owe it to yourself to give Tyler Crockett a call. He seemed like a real straight shooter and will tell you what and how much some of these mods will give. Has a very good reputation. I am running one of his kits with CMI's and have been very impressed with the torque of the motor. Just depends on how much of a gain in HP you are looking for and how much $$$$ you want to spend.

If you are looking for big gains get some after markets heads Dart or AFR and a good intake and carb you will see more HP then you will get with the EFI. Just a matter of choice. IMHO
Old 08-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Registered

Hey Lake,
EB Marine here in Nashville did mine. I also have a 01 288 Sunsation with a 502. If you make it to the KY Lake Poker Run we will line up and you can see the work of EB Marine!!

By the way, how did your dash panels turn out? Did MitcherT do the work or someone else?

Rob
Old 08-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Liquidsation
Hey Lake,
EB Marine here in Nashville did mine. I also have a 01 288 Sunsation with a 502. If you make it to the KY Lake Poker Run we will line up and you can see the work of EB Marine!!

By the way, how did your dash panels turn out? Did MitcherT do the work or someone else?

Rob
Do you have 502 with those upgrades?
My dash panels turned out great. A guy about 20 miles from here in Charleston Illinois did them for me, but you wouldn't know that MitcherT didn't do them. I'm still working on tring to make the PR. PM me your cell # if you don't mind
Paul Browne
Old 08-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by paradigm shift
I do not have expierence with the ASM or Derebery but I will say that you owe it to yourself to give Tyler Crockett a call. He seemed like a real straight shooter and will tell you what and how much some of these mods will give. Has a very good reputation. I am running one of his kits with CMI's and have been very impressed with the torque of the motor. Just depends on how much of a gain in HP you are looking for and how much $$$$ you want to spend.

If you are looking for big gains get some after markets heads Dart or AFR and a good intake and carb you will see more HP then you will get with the EFI. Just a matter of choice. IMHO
Thanks for the reply . Nothing against carbs but with this day & Technology I 'm sticking with EFI
I'm not looking for big gains. I like my Bravo Drive & want reliabilty from the motor. I've seen time & time guys spend big $$$ for HP & end up wrenching their summer boating season away. I'm just looking to refresh my 502 MPI & get some HP out of the motor that Merc left laying on the table.
Turn key & go boating just like the past 300 hours have been.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:58 PM
mjb
Registered

I just went thru this same build up on my 502 mpi's. ASM did my manifolds and my ecm's. I also bought my dart heads and some other components from them. While there were no problems with their products or their work, I would have to say that the customer service was a bit lacking...but maybe thats just me???

You should give some serious thought to your stock fuel system. Jim at ASM told me that the stock(cool fuel) system was right on the edge with 550HP. Tyler Crocket told me that I should replace the whole system. My first season I did leave the stock fuel system in place(except added adjustable regulator). My fuel pressure gauges on my rails were bouncing around like crazy from the pressure fluctuations...even with a dampner... and I was really afraid that I was running lean and would hurt my new $$$ engines. So in the end I wound up doing what Tyler reccomended. I scaped the entire cool fuel system and went with a new system....larger lines,pumps,regulators,filters and returns to the tank. Not cheap...but worth it I think.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience with Derebery or ASM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.