Reconditioned Marine Engines

Notices

Reconditioned Marine Engines

Old 08-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Reconditioned Marine Engines

Originally Posted by SB
They are pretty good guys over there (ie: RunsNew in Holliston, MA).

However, dean51267 , with the amt of engines you've gone thru it may be a safe assumption ? at this point that there is a rigging / fuel tank / or bolt on part (that gets swapped from motor to motor) issue ?

yes, and no. I am DEFINITELY having problems, engine set 1 was installation, set 2 was machine shop (they gave full warranty), set three and four did the EXACT same thing....

The ONLY parts that have not been changed to stock are intake, carb, valve covers, flame arrest or, and headers. Spark plugs all indicate proper fuel mixture in proper amounts.

Headers appear to be only common denominator, but the way the motors went it seems unlikely it is exhaust. Motors go at 3800 RPM, but act like massive water in a cylinder, run perfect at idol, at that RPM it is unlikely there will be reverberation as exhaust gas is exiting at high rate of speed. If it were header/reverberation problem it should be more prevalent at idol. Thereis little chance if any of water ingestion.

Will pressure check headers in next day or so. It is possible that two motors had different problems, set three had a piston explode, set four seem to have bearing problem.

I agree it sounds more like a boat problem than a motor problem, but damn, there should be an answer somewhere. There is a lot of smart people scratching their head right now....
Old 09-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Registered

well, I can say 1800runsnew is not willing to even discuss warranty issues. They claim bearings washed by over fueling cylinders, this is DEFINATELY NOT the case, plugs and burn pattern on cylinders clearly tell that story.

Sad part is I can not definatively say what DID happen, and since RUNSNEW has given a bull schit excuse, may never know. I am not 100% convinced it is their fault, but the reason they give is BLATENTLY false.

I tried HARD to have an intelligent conversation, all I get is "that is my findings, I do not have time to discuss this, if you do not like it, sue me"....

And yes, that is an EXACT quote.........

At a minimum there should be some degree of explination, expecially given visual evidence, three merc techs, and a local engine builder say his excuse is blatently wrong.

Kind of paints me in a corner.......

the issue is not over, but it will take an extreme level of force to get them to even look at the motor for more than a few seconds and discuss anything other than an excuse that benefits them.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dean51267
well, I can say 1800runsnew is not willing to even discuss warranty issues. They claim bearings washed by over fueling cylinders, this is DEFINATELY NOT the case, plugs and burn pattern on cylinders clearly tell that story.

Sad part is I can not definatively say what DID happen, and since RUNSNEW has given a bull schit excuse, may never know. I am not 100% convinced it is their fault, but the reason they give is BLATENTLY false.

I tried HARD to have an intelligent conversation, all I get is "that is my findings, I do not have time to discuss this, if you do not like it, sue me"....

And yes, that is an EXACT quote.........

At a minimum there should be some degree of explination, expecially given visual evidence, three merc techs, and a local engine builder say his excuse is blatently wrong.

Kind of paints me in a corner.......

the issue is not over, but it will take an extreme level of force to get them to even look at the motor for more than a few seconds and discuss anything other than an excuse that benefits them.
DID YOU GET THE OIL ANALYSIS BACK YET?
Old 09-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Registered

still waiting.....