To choke or not choke?

Notices

To choke or not choke?

Old 10-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: To choke or not choke?

bcarpman

Hope this isn't an insult to bring this up, but....be sure to remove the carb before taking the choke out. Knew someone who tried it while still on the engine. Dropped a couple of the small screws into the carb and down into the mainfold....major problems to get them out. Be sure to protect those small air bleeds in the carb body from debris...extra care and some tape over them shud be fine. Also, theres a hole in the side of the carb body on the flange where the flame arrestor sits where the choke linkage passes thru. I always plug this. Good luck...enjoy choke free boating.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: To choke or not choke?

Originally Posted by AGGRAVATION28
bcarpman

Hope this isn't an insult to bring this up, but....be sure to remove the carb before taking the choke out. Knew someone who tried it while still on the engine. Dropped a couple of the small screws into the carb and down into the mainfold....major problems to get them out. Be sure to protect those small air bleeds in the carb body from debris...extra care and some tape over them shud be fine. Also, theres a hole in the side of the carb body on the flange where the flame arrestor sits where the choke linkage passes thru. I always plug this. Good luck...enjoy choke free boating.
No insult I can imagine more than a few people I know trying this. I'm rebuilding the entire engine. (out of the boat)