Konrad Drives >

Konrad Drives

Notices

Konrad Drives

Old 10-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Konrad Drives

I broke down and bought a set of Konrads for my 1985 Cigarette mistress. I am in the process of installing them now. My motors put out between 650-675HP. I was spinning 25" mirage plus props before inward and they wound the motors to about 4900 RPM. I want to run the RPMs around 5300RPM. The Konrads are also 1.38" shorter and I purchased the ones with nose cones. I was thinking 4 blades. I also installed the drives to spin outward for docking purposes. Any suggestions on props? Experience with Konrads.

Anyone interested in some great parts for a TRS setup, freshwater low hours, here is a link.....no disapointments.
http://search.ebay.com/trs-outdrive_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8
Old 10-15-2006, 01:17 AM
1CE
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Konrad Drives

talk to Biggus he posts with OSO
Old 10-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

I have been working with Biggus and the drives. He was at a Poker Run on SENECA LAKE in June and that's when I decided to go Konrad

Anyone interested in some great parts for a TRS setup, freshwater low hours, here is a link.....no disapointments.
http://search.ebay.com/trs-outdrive_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8
Old 10-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh I'll chime in on this!

Here is the O'Neill Offshore beaked resin bucket. Runs all day in the 90's. Bring 110 and a set of 34's and she'll do better. Would never happen without the Konrads!
Attached Thumbnails Konrad Drives-tn_fountain-4.jpg   Konrad Drives-tn_fountain-1.jpg   Konrad Drives-tn_fountain-4.jpg  

Old 10-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Registered

And a little Pantera 24 with a snotty 540 in it. This little boat runs 80+ and feels like riding a razor blade down a sheet of ice Still a FUN boat to run and again, never would happen without the Konrad.
Attached Thumbnails Konrad Drives-tn_pantera-1.jpg   Konrad Drives-tn_pantera-4.jpg   Konrad Drives-tn_pantera-5.jpg  

Old 03-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lofty
And a little Pantera 24 with a snotty 540 in it. This little boat runs 80+ and feels like riding a razor blade down a sheet of ice Still a FUN boat to run and again, never would happen without the Konrad.
Hey Lofty, I assume your boat was a TRS setup?? Did you run same power before and after conversion? If so, was there any change?? Which lower?? I too have a TRS/540ci setup in a slightly heavier boat, but am still hessitant about the $$.

PS: I used to run a 24 Excalibur 468ci/480hp with a nose coned old style Bravo one, set at 2.5" higher than "Standard" Would almost hit your speed - bottom side of 80, maybe right there in perfect conditions - survived 500 hours of abuse, no bravo prob's.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kurt, Biggus is the guy you need to talk to.
He is overwhelmingly helpful as well as knowledgeable. BBB
Old 03-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am saving up for a set. What happened to the old drives??
Old 03-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Block Billy
Kurt, Biggus is the guy you need to talk to.
He is overwhelmingly helpful as well as knowledgeable. BBB
Hey Billy,
Thanks for the kind words! I'm working on Long Island for a couple days. Stopped by Teddy's this afternoon and dropped off a couple of Konrad hats for you guys. How's Teddy's boat coming along? Let me know If I can help with anything.

Kurt
715-410-0735
Old 03-20-2007, 06:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hang Time 27
Hey Lofty, I assume your boat was a TRS setup?? Did you run same power before and after conversion? If so, was there any change?? Which lower?? I too have a TRS/540ci setup in a slightly heavier boat, but am still hessitant about the $$.

PS: I used to run a 24 Excalibur 468ci/480hp with a nose coned old style Bravo one, set at 2.5" higher than "Standard" Would almost hit your speed - bottom side of 80, maybe right there in perfect conditions - survived 500 hours of abuse, no bravo prob's.
The Pantera belongs to a customer. It was a great candidate for the Konrad. The power was the same before and after. I never ran the boat before the Konversion so I can't vouch for previous performance. The owner says it now runs 5mph faster. The drive is shorter so it's not surprising to get an increase but I don't know if 5mph is real or not.

The Drive is a bargain at the price. It's hard to convince people that this is a more cost effective approach than other options. Most guys are not factoring in that they will never need to replace a broken drive again. For me it's not the $$ but the down time that costs. We have a set on our V hull and love them.

I've got a new set of shorties sitting in crates (thanks to Kurt, Randy and Fred at Konrad) waiting to go on ours. I'll be reporting results as soon as I have them.

Quick Reply: Konrad Drives

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.