Eldelbrock Air/Fuel Moniter

Notices

Eldelbrock Air/Fuel Moniter

Old 10-22-2006, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Eldelbrock Air/Fuel Moniter

Originally Posted by fastedy
Ok, following the advise above, I sent back the Edelbrock O2, and purchased the Innovate with the RPM Converter, a much more technical piece of machinery. Tested today, engine ran 12.4:1 to 12.9:1 from Idle to WOT, down loaded info to verify. Then I dropped 2 jet sizes front and rear, meter showed a slighter leaner mixture of 13.5:1 to 13.9:1, also downloaded to verify, had a 1 or 2 second spike to 14.2 during a WOT run of 3 minutes. I picked up 2mph and around 200 rpm. Looks like I'm still in a safe range what do you experts think. Not trying to get myself in trouble just trying to get the best of what I have.

Eddie
I am no expert but after buying my Innovate I have done a ton of research and asked a lot of questions.Everyone has a different opinion but they all fall around 12.8 to no more then 13.2 for the best fuel ratio in a marine application.I think you need to drop down one jet size and you would be perfect.

Nordic95
Old 10-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Eldelbrock Air/Fuel Moniter

Originally Posted by cobra marty
Your bung mounted on the bottom of the tailpipe I would be a little worried about water running/reversion on the sensor. I had CMI weld mine on the elbow facing forward about 45 degree up.
My Pipes are dry, THe directions say this is the worst position to install the O2 sensor for that reason, I installed it prior to getting the Innovate deal. Hopefully the dry pipes will keep that from happening.