Best clamp on mufflers

Notices

Best clamp on mufflers

Old 12-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Best clamp on mufflers

Hustlethis, Thanks for the offer but I'm going with transom mounts! Steve I know this thread is about clamp-ons but the silencing qualities are the same, I think!!???
Old 12-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Too Old, Are the Gibsons available in transom mount? That's what I was inquiring about. Steve
Old 12-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 509 SC
Too Old, Are the Gibsons available in transom mount? That's what I was inquiring about. Steve

Yes they are.....

The Gibson Bullet Marine Silencers have proven to reduce decibel ranges within and to surpass the 88 db limits required by the California SAE J2005 Motorboat Sound Law without compromising power. The Gibson Bullet mufflers are manufactured from highly polished T-304 stainless steel and are designed with Gibson’s patented clamp-less system for hassle free installation. Power Tip Marine Mufflers are also available with OE style thru-transom mounts to provide the factory look without the factory sound.

For real world DB numbers on some of the competitors, I have the DNR record from tests conducted on Lake George N.Y. in October.

The Gibson Bullets Feature the Following:Ease of installation.
Tested up to 1,200 HP with minimal or no power loss.
High quality Stainless Steel construction.
OEM style transom mount.
Straight through design.
Utilizes water to dampen sound.
Has been designed and flow tested to ensure maximum flow.

These silencers were specifically designed for large displacement motors such as 500HP, 502, 525, 525SC, 575. and up to 1,200hp. Gibson is in constant contact with all major Performance boat builders.

Priced sensibly! Dare to Compare.

Last edited by Too Old; 10-24-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CMI Sound Elimination Muffers reduce sound emissions to levels as low as 85 dB. The mufflers are engineered to reduce sound without restricting the exhaust or creating unwanted backressure, which can inhibit the engine from reaching peak power. A superior design using T-304 stainless steel results in fewer parts than competitive models.

Besides being designed and built by the industry leader, these mufflers look great, provide a nice muffled sound at idle and open full for high performance operation.

OE thru-transom mount and clamp on styles in stock now for immediate delivery. Free shipping until January 1, 2007.

We will beat any competitors price.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Ateco; 12-16-2006 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought the Zoomers. They look great and the customer service was excellent. I have not tried them yet though.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BY U BOY, If you could I would appreciate that article also. I seem to have purged the older Hot Boat issues. Thanks! Steve
I HAVE SENT THE MAG TO SMITHBOY MAYBE HE CAN SEND IT TO YOU WHEN HE IS DONE. I DO NOT NEED IT BACK.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BY U BOY, Thanks, I thought maybe you were going to scan it and send it in an e-mail. I'll try and dig it up through someone locally, thanks for the offer! Steve
Old 12-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Registered

509 sc, if you have trouble locating it I will send it to you when I'm finished. No problem at all!
Old 12-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ateco
CMI Sound Elimination Muffers reduce sound emissions to levels as low as 85 dB. The mufflers are engineered to reduce sound without restricting the exhaust or creating unwanted backressure, which can inhibit the engine from reaching peak power. A superior design using T-304 stainless steel results in fewer parts than competitive models.

Besides being designed and built by the industry leader, these mufflers look great, provide a nice muffled sound at idle and open full for high performance operation.

OE thru-transom mount and clamp on styles in stock now for immediate delivery. Free shipping until January 1, 2007.

We will beat any competitors price.
Unless CMI has changed their engineering since summer,
they do not meet current db limits of 89. These test were
conducted by me personally and the Lake George park commision marine patrol. 2 boats had 525'S and one has
500 mpi's. Both came in at 90-91.5 DB,s. Nice system but
the regulations are very strick in my neck of the woods.
.01 over 89 and you get a ticket.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

BY U BOY, Thanks, I thought maybe you were going to scan it and send it in an e-mail. I'll try and dig it up through someone locally, thanks for the offer! Steve

Hey Steve, I have that issue also... You're welcome to it.

Doug

Quick Reply: Best clamp on mufflers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.