Which Thermostat Housing???? >

Which Thermostat Housing????

Notices

Which Thermostat Housing????

Old 02-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Thermostat Housing????

I am repowering a SBC/Alpha set up and need a thermostat housing. I expect to pay around 200.00 for one, but I don't know which one will best fit my application. I am running Stainless Marine dry exhaust, so I only need 2 outlets to the ex. manifolds. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Which Thermostat Housing????

go to tricks web site and geta crossover an t sat for about 250 bucks
http://www.trickmarine.net/productde...id=933&incat=6

http://www.trickmarine.net/productde...id=561&incat=6
Old 02-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

I've been very happy with my Rex Marine T stat housing, i've got it plumbed w/o a crossover but you could set it up that way.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned

You can buy the block offs and cap two of them off. Merc sells them.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered

Cuda, what do you mean by block offs? I have the original housing, but it is in really bad shape. That is why I am looking into a new one.

I would prefer to keep the circulation pump on the motor for fear that the pump in the outdrive would not be enough to circulate water through the motor. If i was converting to a sea pump and pick up I would go the crossover route.

Has anyone ran the Stainless Marine housings made to run with a circulation pump?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hardin marine or c.p performance will be able to supply you with anything you need at a competitive price. so will teague or rex..
Old 02-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Registered

Run the Stock Newer one from Merc. The bolts Go straight through on the Iron ones and the Stainless ones have to use 12 pt bolts or Allen cap screws that bolt around a flange to the manifold. I have some. I use them all the time. Only 2 hoses to manifolds. No leaks, no checkballs that hang up.
BBB
Old 02-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Registered

Post This is the one you want

One's on e-bay, but way overpriced. You can get a polished stainless one from Sierra for $140 I can get the stainless one for less through my account. I have a black SS merc take off used for way less with bolts and gasket and t-stat. Pm Me if interested... Otherwise I'll end up using it on something in the spring. BBB
Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stainless Marine has the best on for use with a circulating pump. See 'stainlessmarine.com'
Old 02-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DKerns
Cuda, what do you mean by block offs? I have the original housing, but it is in really bad shape. That is why I am looking into a new one.
?
Here's the block off I was talking about. I had the old log style exhaust that had SIX hoses coming off the housing. I ended up scrapping the block off, and y piping hoses together, and got a cross over and a housing with only two fittings coming from it. Mine has a seawater pump, I might be a little concerned about circulation with an Alpha pump supplying the water.

The other pictures are what I went to.
Attached Thumbnails Which Thermostat Housing????-block-off.jpg   Which Thermostat Housing????-1-25-07-001.jpg   Which Thermostat Housing????-1-21-07-008.jpg  

Quick Reply: Which Thermostat Housing????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.