600sci Stainless Coolant Reservoir Cylinders >

600sci Stainless Coolant Reservoir Cylinders

Notices

600sci Stainless Coolant Reservoir Cylinders

Old 02-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600sci Stainless Coolant Reservoir Cylinders

Ok, Where can I get one of these polished stainless coolant reservoirs shown on the front motor in this picture?

Are these available somewhere or are these one off's and custom made?

If they are available do they come in kit form or is it a 300 trip to the hardware store plumbing project and hours to get it working right?

Anyone know?
Attached Thumbnails 600sci Stainless Coolant Reservoir Cylinders-f4-3-big-medium-.jpg  
Old 02-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts
Default Re: 600sci Stainless Coolant Reservoir Cylinders

You need to contact Joe at Sunsation (810-794-4888) to see if they are willing to distribute these to the general public. Their engineer, Dave Moriarty, designed these tanks as the headers they had CMI design for them interfered with the stock coolant tanks. In the picture you'll see only one has been installed but since the other stock reservoir was replaced and all F-4's with 600's or 700's come with these tanks as standard equipment. Here's another shot of them on 700's:
Attached Images  

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 02-09-2007 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:03 AM
jrz
Registered

Default Re: 600sci Stainless Coolant Reservoir Cylinders

They are built at CMI, some applications require the header leaned in farther than the stock tank would allow.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jrz
They are built at CMI, some applications require the header leaned in farther than the stock tank would allow.

To: "Steve Bonillas" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: *****SPAM***** Coolant Reservoir
Date: Friday, February 09, 2007 11:42 AM

Steve:

We do not offer a stainless reservoir. You might check with Livorsi
Marine or Teague Custom Marine. We would be happy to make one for you,
but I'm guessing it would be less expensive to buy something off the
shelf than it would be for us to design and build it.

We appreciate your interest and sorry we can not help.

Strike 1, I will try Sunsation next...
Old 02-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jrz
After several more phone calls you are right...

I will continue my efforts in that direction, and now I know who to talk to at CMI as well.

Thanks JRZ I appreciate your help...
Old 02-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Registered

Talked to Dave Moriarty at Sunsation. Heck of a nice guy and he pointed me in the right direction. He said CMI infact does make them and gave me the correct contact over there.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered

Ok ....do you have info for why he remove the sight glass from the boat of Mentalpause ????? ..... do we need it ??? ... cause rigth now i looking to made a Stainless Steel Reservoir.... anyone have any info or spec ??? ....hope my question is clear ...and thank's to take time
Attached Thumbnails 600sci Stainless Coolant Reservoir Cylinders-f4-3-big%2520%2528medium%2529.jpg   600sci Stainless Coolant Reservoir Cylinders-f4.jpg   600sci Stainless Coolant Reservoir Cylinders-5.jpg  

Old 02-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by 25 hors la loi
Ok ....do you have info for why he remove the sight glass from the boat of Mentalpause ????? ..... do we need it ??? ... cause rigth now i looking to made a Stainless Steel Reservoir.... anyone have any info or spec ??? ....hope my question is clear ...and thank's to take time
Sight glasses are not removed. They are on the tanks in Mental's boat. I've seen them personally up close many, many times. This first shot of Mental's engine compartment was taken early on when the tanks had just been made and they only had installed the one tank that had the interference problem with the headers. They soon after installed the second tank to balance out the look in the engine compartment even though the second tank was not necessary.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Registered

My concern is the 600 SC have taller "deck" than my 525 ...how height the reservoir have ??? ... cause i don`t want a "tower" in front of my 525 ..... thank`s to take time ...and sorry for my english
Old 02-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by betitbig
Talked to Dave Moriarty at Sunsation. Heck of a nice guy and he pointed me in the right direction. He said CMI infact does make them and gave me the correct contact over there.
IMO, Dave is one of the absolute best people to work with, like all of the others at Sunsation. Glad he could help you out with who to contact. As far as the site glass, here is a better angle picture of the engine compartment, when finished, which shows the site glass along the side of the stainless tank.

These look outstanding compared to the standard Merc tanks. As far as clearance, this picture also gives you an idea of where the tank sits compared to the top of the engine. Then again, the 600 blower sits higher than a 525 would.
Attached Thumbnails 600sci Stainless Coolant Reservoir Cylinders-f4power.jpg  

Quick Reply: 600sci Stainless Coolant Reservoir Cylinders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.