Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
New Gauges... Gaffrig? Livorsi? or Auto Meter Marine? >

New Gauges... Gaffrig? Livorsi? or Auto Meter Marine?

Notices

New Gauges... Gaffrig? Livorsi? or Auto Meter Marine?

Old 04-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Gauges... Gaffrig? Livorsi? or Auto Meter Marine?

A few questions.

Has anyone replaced Livorsi Gaffrig gauges with the new auto meters?

Anyone who has the new Auto Meters feel free to chime in with your thoughts.

If so do the sending units need to be changed. I have heard tales of the Auto Meters being made as a direct replacement for mecury engines. I have call Auto Meter but have yet to hear a response.

I know the whole Gaffrig Livorsi Story already. My question lies in which ones are now better and why?

I also know Gaffrig has a glass face where livorsi is plastic. I had a new gaffrig with the glass in a previous boat and it used to always get fogged up. Where the plastic ones seemd to not. Can any one share thoughts here.

I really like the look of the Auto Meters I want a Platinum Face and a Chrome rim. I can't get that in Livorsi on a 2 1/16th gauge.

I also like the rim better on the Auto Meter Gauge it looks more like the monster rim. Which again is not avail on a 2 1/16th gauge from Livorsi or Gaffrig.

Thanks for your input.

Rob
Old 04-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

Its all gonna come down to what you like the best....i dont know about the Gaffrig stuff but if you look at the outside edge of the face, under the rim of a livorsi gauge you will see "Auto Meter products inc Made in the USA" (Atleast it used to say that anyway)
And if your getting any kind of fogging issues with a Livorsi gauge...99% of the time its because the seal has been broken due to over tightening of the gauge when it was being installed......they only get tightened in the inch pound range....not the "crank it down as hard as i can" range!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Registered

LIVORSI...

I had my guages installed by a reputable shop in my area and they broke my new high dollar GPS speedo and tried to pass the buck off to Livorsi.

I contacted Livorsi directly and they overnighted me a new one (custom color combination) just like that.

On top of that they overnighted it to me to a remote location at the river so I could install and use it the next day.

Now if that isn't customer service I don't know what is...

P.S. And I didn't have to send back the broken one until after my vacation.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Registered

Livorsi
Did complete change over in 05 went with monster w/ powder coated rings Very happy !! Mike actually called to see how project was coming..
Old 04-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered

bought all new gaffrig in the last year and they are garbage.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info everyone.

Anyone actually see or use the new Auto Meter Marine's yet. They look very nice in the pictures.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Registered

I replaced all my gauges in my Nordic with the Autometer Pro Comp Marine Ultralite Series 2 summers ago when I did my whipple installation. I have the Chrome Rims with the platinum faces. Turned out real sweet.

All there wiring was the same except the posts on the back of the autometers are a little larger so I had to drill the connectors (lugs?) out a little.

Needed a new oil pressure sender and water temp sender but I'm still not sure if I have the correct water temp one. I also had to adjust the trim position sender on the side of the drive.

I think they had glass faces but it's been a few months since I've seen my boat.

The one time I spent 3 days on a lake in cool weather I didn't have any fogging issues. The rest of the time my boat is stored inside so I don't know what long term exposure would be like.

Turned out fine for me.

Pat
Old 04-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Registered

Thanks Pat do you have any pictures?

Rob
Old 04-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by betitbig
LIVORSI...

I had my guages installed by a reputable shop in my area and they broke my new high dollar GPS speedo and tried to pass the buck off to Livorsi.
The term "reputable" is used loosely here.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
The term "reputable" is used loosely here.

Ok, I could say... GT Performance - Montclair, CA

Quick Reply: New Gauges... Gaffrig? Livorsi? or Auto Meter Marine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.