Lenco  Trim Tabs >

Lenco Trim Tabs

Notices

Lenco Trim Tabs

Old 05-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lenco Trim Tabs

Well after searching the globe for an affordable solution.

I happened across a set of these:

The set I'm looking into are the twin ram 19 x 14 xdns. (2nd from the right)
Should be plenty of tab for a 28' w/ a single BBC.

I was curious if anyone here has run these?
I would like to get some input either good, bad, or indifferent.

My take:

They're advertised to be precision controlled -vs- hydraulic and the indicators are built into the control switch.

They're electric so they require no pumps, and no thru hull hydro lines, which will be a reduction in weight -vs- hydro. Also an ez install.

Replacement parts are inexpensive and ez to come bye, -vs- the hydro stuff which for some reason the well worn used stuff is often listed at or near retail prices.

I'm really looking for something that will even the vessel out during cruise and help shape the wake a bit during play time.
My rig is a low to mid 60s setup so performance isn't really a factor.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed a set of the 24" (silver ones) lenco tabs on the back of my previous Formula 312. I felt like the factory installed Bennett tabs were inadequate. What a huge difference! In a positive way, of course. Installation was not difficult and I was able to wire right into the old Bennet wiring system for power. Be sure and get the upgraded LED control panel with the auto-retract feature. I purchased mine from a retailer located in Miami, Florida. Do a google search on the model you want and let your fingers do the shopping....barryd
Old 05-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

Thanks Barry..

It's a done deal.

I purchased them today and they should be here next week.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Registered

Awesome!!

Thanks for the pictures..
Old 05-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

three years ago I installed a set of Lenco trim tabs on our Seray. Awesome improvement. Extrememly fast acting. The day we put them on we were cruising the lake just barely on plane. You could steer the boat with just the tabs. Good choice, let us know how thye work out.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Registered

they are crap- they always seem to suffer from leaks- water gets into the actuators and then they blow the fuse- i have changed several of the actuators and maybe 2 modules that went bad- as for your complaints about bennet- was it the same size tab you replaced w/ lenco??? a trim tab is a trim tab, no matter who makes it, bennet is probably one of the best, with the least amount of problems- boat leveler, bennet's competition, had problems w/ the way they connected the hoses to the hydraulic rams
Old 05-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Registered

Uh-oh, controversy.

Originally Posted by mcrsr
they are crap
Actually, I'm not replacing any tabs. But I was looking at picking up a used set of K-Planes or a comparable hydraulic billet trim tab system.

The Lencos have a 3 year warranty, which will suffice for the time being.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcrsr
they are crap- they always seem to suffer from leaks- water gets into the actuators and then they blow the fuse- i have changed several of the actuators and maybe 2 modules that went bad- as for your complaints about bennet- was it the same size tab you replaced w/ lenco??? a trim tab is a trim tab, no matter who makes it, bennet is probably one of the best, with the least amount of problems- boat leveler, bennet's competition, had problems w/ the way they connected the hoses to the hydraulic rams
I ran a set of Lencos for years before they began to leak. Contacted the company for parts and found out the ownership changed when they relocated from NY to FL back in the 90's. The new owner said a change to better seals improved durability. My dad has had a set on his boat for about 3 years now with no problems and the boat sits in the water all summer.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, so I have a set of Bennetts (on my Sunsation) and I would love to replace them with a bigger / better-acting tab. I'm not really keen on spending the $$ or time to install a set of hydraulic tabs, so the Lencos seem like a good option. Any one have prices and best place to buy info for these - in particular the new series they just realeased?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

This company seems to have the best prices for Lenco products online:

http://www.northeastmarineelectronics.com/

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
Any one have prices and best place to buy info for these - in particular the new series they just realeased?

Quick Reply: Lenco Trim Tabs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.