Code Question On 2001 496ho >

Code Question On 2001 496ho

Notices

Code Question On 2001 496ho

Old 05-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re

Chcked all connections at the transom and unpluged the trim sensors didnt make a difference. I started testing the throttle position sensor and was wondering if the sensor was bad as in open across the pos+ and neg- on the sensor when the sensor is plugged in since it cant complete the circut wouldnt it short the whole system? and make lo voltage? my sensor has no continuity across the + /- terminals. gary
Old 05-31-2007, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you unplug the Transom Harness? It sounds like you may have just unplugged the trim sensors. By unplugging the Transom Harness you eliminate the sensors and the wireing through the transom. I was thinking maybe a wire was damaged and/or shorted when the steering was installed.

Anyway, as I said before try unplugging some of the other sensors while monitoring the Sensor Power voltage. I am not sure why you keep going back to the TPS, but to answer your question, unplugging it will not short the circuit and cause low voltage. If you unplug it and the Sensor Power remains low, plug it back in and try another sensor.

Dave
Old 05-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Registered

found it started unplugging again and there was a 3 wire connector at the back of the engine that had a pink , blk/pink and grey i think that went back to the ecm. just my luck it had nothing to do with the steering install the so called water tight connection was corroded so bad the pins were half gone just glad it didnt happen while out on the water. thanks again for all the help you where right on. gary
Old 06-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

What about codes Fuel LVL Hi and Fuel LVL1 H...?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reckless32
What about codes Fuel LVL Hi and Fuel LVL1 H...?
You will find these active faults on any ECM/PCM555 system that is not equipped with fuel level sensors. They will not cause the engine to go into Guardian Mode, and won't set an alarm.

The only good thing about having these otherwise meaningless faults is that they set every time you key up, so by checking their Frequency Count, you can tell if the fault/operating history has been cleared recently. Good to know if your troubleshooting or evaluating/surveying an engine your not familar with.

Dave
Old 06-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Yeah just did some searching and discovered this about the Fuel LVL codes. Thanks Dave.