Thank You BAM Marine!!!

Notices

Thank You BAM Marine!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 05:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Thank You BAM Marine!!!

A couple weeks ago the trim switch in my throttle lever broke. Memebers Pwrbt33 and Car Biz pointed me in the right direction....BAM Marine. Found the switch on their site and placed an order on a Wednesday. That Friday (two days later) it was sitting on my doorstep. First I surprised it was there so fast and that it was actually in stock since my controls are 19 years old. I expected to wait while they ordered it from Merc.

You guys are great. Thank you so much!!

Iggy
Old 07-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree.
BAM has great service and inventory.

bl
Old 07-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually order one day, and it's at my doorstep the next day.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

i gotta look into BAM in the future-----quick parts delivery is a huge help when your grounded and stressing about not getting out on the water---i ordered from big guns marine for a replacement skeg cone so i'll see how quick it gets here......hopefully quick......
Old 07-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Registered

I called to ask if they have a hose in stock on a 525. Some gal said to call back in 2 days when someone could answer my question. I would have ordered if they had it in stock but didn't want to wait while they ordered the part.
I got the part locally. Why they can't punch the part # in the computer to see if it's in stock is beyond reason. They will be my last on the list when I need to spend money.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Downtown42
I called to ask if they have a hose in stock on a 525. Some gal said to call back in 2 days when someone could answer my question. I would have ordered if they had it in stock but didn't want to wait while they ordered the part.
I got the part locally. Why they can't punch the part # in the computer to see if it's in stock is beyond reason. They will be my last on the list when I need to spend money.
As I always said, vote with your dollar.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with downtown... the people on the phone were rude, as if I was bothering them with silly questions on their 'world famous' super cyborg. I was quickly redirected to email support where I did receive 1 response... I asked a follow up question, and still have heard nothing. too late anyway. I'm now using TMI, these guys are so helpful... they are now stepping me through my own 72c hop-up to an additional disc for more horse power. When all said and done I will add a disc for a total cost of 2 plates and 1 seal kit. TMI gets my future dollar vote. And by the way... the other big guy also had an attitude problem (with rediculous priocing to boot)
Old 07-05-2007, 05:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called to ask if they have a hose in stock on a 525. Some gal said to call back in 2 days when someone could answer my question.
I agree that waiting 2 days to talk to a sales person it ridiculous, the gal who answered the phone was probably just a receptionist. Her job is to direct the calls to the proper person.
Sometimes you just have to remember that the person behind the counter is just that...a person behind the counter. They have no control over the goings on.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

They gave me crap. I clled up to get a rebuild kit for my 72C trans and they said well we do them here so send it. I said i already took it apart its really simple just need parts. They said it about 600 for 1 tranny for all the parts. I said are you ok? He said they are factory BW i said ll let you know He was rude as hell didnt want to help at all just simply send it or dont call. Man i was bent. JackHammer thankyou for this thread look up. I will call TMI now.
-Mike
Old 05-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Registered

who is TMI and how do I get a hold of them ? i would be interested in adding a plate to my BW tranny's to help with additional HP

Quick Reply: Thank You BAM Marine!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.