Best sounding mufflers

Notices

Best sounding mufflers

Old 07-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best sounding mufflers

I may need to replace my CMI sound elimination mufflers but I do not want anything that is much louder.

Any suggestions for a more deep sounding mufflers that work with an HP525? The CMI's are OK sounding, mine melted from an overheating issue...see were the track slides.

They are stuck in a slightly open mode and may be too loud at idle and then may rob some power at WOT?

I need to pull the trigger shortly.

Thanks,

Jamal
Attached Thumbnails Best sounding mufflers-hp525-overheat-002.jpg  
Old 07-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by S4Hadi
I may need to replace my CMI sound elimination mufflers but I do not want anything that is much louder.

Any suggestions for a more deep sounding mufflers that work with an HP525? The CMI's are OK sounding, mine melted from an overheating issue...see were the track slides.

They are stuck in a slightly open mode and may be too loud at idle and then may rob some power at WOT?

Thanks,

Jamal
Send them into CMI, they can rebuild them. Or, for a few extra $$, they can update them to the new version; all stainless and a finer looking and performing muffler.
Bawana
Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Jamal, I would not run that 525 if the muffler will not open. At WOT you will have too much back pressure. Get them rebuilt, or call Kirk and get a new updated version if CMI can't do anything for you.
Bawana
Old 07-18-2007, 02:43 AM
Registered

Thanks,

Jamal
Straight pipes with captains call..... That sounds the best!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Captains Call system would be nice....I think that would be quite involved to retro fit it, wouldn't it?

I am debating if I should get another clamp on style muffler, or since I have most of the exhaust/muffler already appart to go ahead and install a transom mount unit?

Besides looks, is there an advantage to have a transom mount muffler?

Jamal
Old 07-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have these in stock for 525 with CMI sport tubes 50 percent off
Attached Thumbnails Best sounding mufflers-ebay-004.jpg   Best sounding mufflers-509-big-blocks-010.jpg  
Old 07-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Registered

Captains Call system would be nice....I think that would be quite involved to retro fit it, wouldn't it?

I am debating if I should get another clamp on style muffler, or since I have most of the exhaust/muffler already appart to go ahead and install a transom mount unit?

Besides looks, is there an advantage to have a transom mount muffler?

Jamal
The retro-fit in a stock exhaust exit location is quite easy. Howver, yes, it can be VERY involved as with mine that exit the outside rear of transom... NIGHTMARE, but when I was finished I wouldn't have done it any other way. It is SOOO nice to shut the noise off when cruising home sometimes. I run mine to 2500 RPM with no problems, above that, I switch to open exhaust.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Brian41,

What is involved to install the Captains Call to my set up? How do you route the lower exhaust to/through the transom/outdrive?

How much is 50% off?

Thanks,

Jamal
Attached Thumbnails Best sounding mufflers-img_0368.jpg  
Old 07-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Registered

I need a good guy price on a pair of cmi's.
Can anyone hook me up?

Kirk?

Re powering my 270 s Hallett
800 hp
Old 07-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

S4Hadi, They sell for $1850.00 a set I will sell for $900.00 NEW. You will have to add Y-pipe to drive and wire them in. They come with the harness assembly and instructions. Brian

Quick Reply: Best sounding mufflers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.