Notices

New problem

Old 08-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brandon- I am only familiar with merc stuff not the other company that has been mentioned. Merc offers the ring $896 and the ring kit with the upper swivel shaft for $1135. I recall having to order all the other needed parts separately. You have the part numbers take your time and look over everything. The upper swivel may be fine. Check all the info on your threads. Good luck
Jim
Old 08-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I don't believe I need a new gimble ring. What I meant as the kit was the litle misc stuff such as the seal you mentioned. Thank you.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I just put one of my gimble rings back on the boat. When I took them off they were both really easy to turn and just flopped back and forth. Now the one I put back in will move back and forth by hand but are much stiffer than it was before. When I got the boat a week or so ago I could grab the tie bar between the drives with one hand and easily move both drives all the way back and forth. Should they be nice and stiff like I have them now? Thank you all for all the help!
Brandon