RAYLAR, anybody have there kits/motors

Notices

RAYLAR, anybody have there kits/motors

Old 10-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAYLAR, anybody have there kits/motors

just curious if we can get some people using the kits 103/106 or the complete motor to shed some thought? pros/cons anything, I hear there are a bunch out there so lets hear it.. thanks
Old 10-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Do Raylar kits and engines work?

rittsbaja:
Send PMs to:
Mhale00

bobl

BDevlin

Escape Velocity

Here on the OSO boards and I'll think you get some real comments back on our products and engines. Not a lot of our customers spend much time on OSO or other forums, just their way of boating.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

PS: I've got about 25+ other phone numbers handy if you need some more references
Old 11-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Registered

Ray I would be interested to know of any that have installed on 25OL and new numbers.

Email: [email protected]
Old 11-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've installed several and they are performing flawlessly. I've dyno'd them and they make the exact power Ray claims. Speed gains are totally dependent on the boat. Check out the article on our web site. http://fullthrottlemarine.com/496%20...%20Article.htm A disclaimer that I will add. I am totally unbiased. My loyalties are to my customers. If a product doesn't produce as claimed, I don't want my customers to use it because it makes us all look bad. That's why I did such extensive testing, just to gather the facts. To make the results available from an unbiased 3rd party.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have friend in MN that has been waiting a year for parts from Raylar to finish his kit. Its at Valley Motorsports in Eagan. It seems that Mark (owner) is a good guy so I don't think he was BS'ing.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Registered

Very interesting info! Is the raylar kit something a novice could do or would you recommend a marina. What is the rough estimate of time to do the raylar install?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Installing a Raylar kit

Baja man:

The BCK103 kit is not over the top for a mechanically inclined novice to install. If you have the tools and the time you should allow yourself about 3- 8 hour days to carefully install. We supply a very complete set of instructions. You should have big block engine overhaul or rebuild -parts replacement expierence to feel comfortable. We have had lots of user/customers who have installed their own kits very successfully.

800XCR:

Mark has ordered from us in the past but not recently and we have no parts un-shipped or on backorder to him, so I think you might be dealing with an old rumor here?

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 11-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Ray and thanks for commenting. Based on your reply I trust that you have recently resolved this, good for you. I will be stopping by to see him over the holidays and look forward to his thoughts.

Unfortunately, Mark had to do something else to satisfy my friend while he was without parts for the short boating season up here in the great white north.

I believe the kit is all that you say it is.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have installed some of Raylars cylinder heads on a 25 BAHA a few years ago. The customer was adamit about me not sea trialing his boat, for one it was freezing out and he was just very anal about his boat. I talked with him that following summer and he was working with different props, I never did hear the end result but he was very pleased with it during his testing. Also,the parts that I did put on from Raylar where very nice. I had a few machine shop guys come over and look at the heads before I bolted them on and they liked what they saw!

PM me if you want to know anymore.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Shaun, although I replied to your PM, I thought I'd share my positive thoughts more publicly. I have the Raylar HO600 (106 kit) and I picked up 12 mph in my Velocity VR1, over the 496 Mag HO. The 103 kit is relatively simple to install. The 106 kit is like any other engine upgrade that replaces pistons, rods, heads, cam, intake, etc. It's a complete engine teardown and rebuild. Because I was an "early adopter" four years ago, I was part of the learning curve on getting the 106 kit's fuel system and ECM reprogramming dialed in. Ray was very helpful every step of the way. When I had a warranty issue with some parts that have since been upgraded, he sent the parts I needed immediately. The engine has run flawlessly for four seasons. Nice to just put gas in and perform routine oil changes.

Quick Reply: RAYLAR, anybody have there kits/motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.