Notices

help please

Old 11-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please

so as i have stated before i have a 2000 32 fountain fever w/ twin 502's i have a fresh water flush sys. I CAN NOT GET TO THE DRAIN PLUGS in the block, and in the fuel cooler with out pulling a motor. also on my starboard side were the drain plug is there is a knock sensor and on the port side there is a big plate that bolts on the fuel cooler. so once again i have to use the fresh water flush sys. So i let the motors warm up individualy untill thermostat opens then hook up a hose to a 5 gal. bucket w/ anti freeze and run it through. well when i take the thermostats off to check and make sure that a.f. got in the block one is full to the brim w/ anti freeze and one is not, just some residual. so i do that motor again thinking the thermostat didn't open up all the way and end up with the same results? what is going on to make 2 different results.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 266ltd
so as i have stated before i have a 2000 32 fountain fever w/ twin 502's i have a fresh water flush sys. I CAN NOT GET TO THE DRAIN PLUGS in the block, and in the fuel cooler with out pulling a motor. also on my starboard side were the drain plug is there is a knock sensor and on the port side there is a big plate that bolts on the fuel cooler. so once again i have to use the fresh water flush sys. So i let the motors warm up individualy untill thermostat opens then hook up a hose to a 5 gal. bucket w/ anti freeze and run it through. well when i take the thermostats off to check and make sure that a.f. got in the block one is full to the brim w/ anti freeze and one is not, just some residual. so i do that motor again thinking the thermostat didn't open up all the way and end up with the same results? what is going on to make 2 different results.
Is she blowing anti freeze out the tail pipes ??? We never suck it out of a bucket pour it in a funnel on a hose and leave the thermostats out .
Old 11-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Jerry B
Platinum Member

Even if the t stat is open after getting it to operating temp it will close as soon as cool antifreeze hits them. Take the t stats out. This will insure the antifreeze goes thru the engine, not just out thru the exhaust. I cant get to the drains on my boat either. If I did someone would have to call 911 to get me out.

Jerry.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's nice to get the drain plugs out, but not an absolute necessity. Fill up your blocks with anti-freeze like the earlier posts say and you should be all right.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry B
Even if the t stat is open after getting it to operating temp it will close as soon as cool antifreeze hits them.
Jerry.

The antifreeze is preheated as it runs thru the motor before it gets to the stat, just like under normal running conditions.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Registered

i know the hose water is twice as cold as the anitfreeze, so the anti freeze being cold enough to shut thermostats is ? not making sense to me but as u all can see i am not the most brilliant man, can't even winterize my own boat. I even went to a mech. 2 day, 2 ask if he would, and he said no. I really do know my way around an engines this really seems like a stupid problem to be having, just want to sleep at night. if i take out the thermostats start just to be sure that is not an issue, and hook my hose 2 fresh water flush start the boat and let is suck away not having a t stat in wont screw up the flow and how much goes were? also why when i do it w/ t-stats in does one motor fill and the other doesnt, and last but not least, GOD*&^N fountain for making such a great boat but making it so fn hard to winterize properly! one more thing after u guys get anti freeze in it are u just letting them run untill the water separators(that have two stroke in them) are empty, thanks to all and happy holidays!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Registered

one last thing there is no water going through the motor untill the t-stat opens right? the sea water picks up the water pushes it around the back of the motor, through the coolers, up to the t-stat housing were it gets diverted to the maifolds out the exhaust untill the t-stat opens, then goes through the block w/ the help of the circulating pump and out the manifolds (stock set up) Reason for this if it went through the block first ant no open t stat what would realive the pressure of the constant force of the water being pumped from the sea water pump.