Raylar LSM 550? >

Raylar LSM 550?

Notices

Raylar LSM 550?

Old 12-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Raylar LSM 550?

Anyone possibly running an LSM 550 or familiar with these engines? I have emailed Raylar a couple times the last few weeks and received no response.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Raylar LSM550

4mulafastec

I am sorry, I did not receive your emails. We have been having a problem receiving some emails lately, so I am turning down the spam eliminator settings. Yours might have been blocked accidently.
Our LSM550 is a brand new engine offering from Raylar and even though we have two being installed in a boat right now, we don't have any yet in service other than our 6 months of dyno and in boat durability testing which is now complete.
We are currently setting up a production facility in Texas for expected increases in demand for the motor and we are moving to try and lower our production costs for this "handbuilt" all forged internals , all aluminum 493 pound engine fully rigged.

The engine will be sold complete with our own polished stainless 4 tube water cooled headers with Bravo tips , closed cooling and complete wiring, ECM and accessorized setup ready to install in front of a standard Bravo or Bravo 1X drive and transom. This package is designed as a complete ready to run engine package. The engine package will be shipped with a Bravo style bellhousing and flywheel and is ready to connect the exhaust, water to the raw water pump inlet hose, connect fuel to the integrated fuel pump-cooler assembly and plug in a standard 10 pin or 14 pin boat cable and off you go!

Our current pricing for boaters is set @ $27,636.00 plus shipping and we will be delivering new orders entered now in late February.

If you have any other needs and information you can also PM me here at OSO.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 12-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Registered

Smile

Ray, thanks for the information. That is an awesome engine package! I have a couple questions that others may be interested in…

Regarding weight savings, Mercury publishes the 6.2 liter engine/Bravo 1 drive weight of 993 lbs. Would you know the weight of your LSM 550 package with a Bravo 1 drive?

My 6.2 is rated at 320 HP. Would you know if that rating is at the prop or flywheel? Is your 550 HP package rated at the prop or flywheel?

I have the SC 5000 SmartCraft system view. Any possibility this will work with your ECM?

Please keep us posted on the results of your twin engine swap. Thanks!

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 12-18-2007 at 07:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
4mulafastec

I am sorry, I did not receive your emails. We have been having a problem receiving some emails lately, so I am turning down the spam eliminator settings. Yours might have been blocked accidently.
Our LSM550 is a brand new engine offering from Raylar and even though we have two being installed in a boat right now, we don't have any yet in service other than our 6 months of dyno and in boat durability testing which is now complete.
We are currently setting up a production facility in Texas for expected increases in demand for the motor and we are moving to try and lower our production costs for this "handbuilt" all forged internals , all aluminum 493 pound engine fully rigged.

The engine will be sold complete with our own polished stainless 4 tube water cooled headers with Bravo tips , closed cooling and complete wiring, ECM and accessorized setup ready to install in front of a standard Bravo or Bravo 1X drive and transom. This package is designed as a complete ready to run engine package. The engine package will be shipped with a Bravo style bellhousing and flywheel and is ready to connect the exhaust, water to the raw water pump inlet hose, connect fuel to the integrated fuel pump-cooler assembly and plug in a standard 10 pin or 14 pin boat cable and off you go!

Our current pricing for boaters is set @ $27,636.00 plus shipping and we will be delivering new orders entered now in late February.

If you have any other needs and information you can also PM me here at OSO.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Raylar, I sell and service machining equipment in Texas. If you have a need for any manufacturing equipment, let me know how I can help. Where will your new facility be?
I run the HO 525. I bought the boat with them already installed and have had no problems. I definitley like having the extra power.
Doug
Old 12-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Registered

ttt