Lightning Headers >

Lightning Headers

Notices

Lightning Headers

Old 01-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightning Headers

OK gentlemen, I am needing some help with exhaust decisions. I am going to be running dual 540 @ 700 HP each. Should I go with the Lightning Headers (http://www.cpperformance.com/product...ng-headers.htm)
or the Dana Marine Flow Torque exhaust systems (http://www.danamarineproducts.com/Pr...TOKEN=92380407) ???

I could use any and all opinions on this decision. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Lightnings on dads Scarab and they work fine and we have 540's at 730 hp so basicly the same set up. We drain ours after every use so the fact that they are not totally stainless doesn't bother us.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine are great.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered

My lightnings work great. Drain aftr every use.

I don't know if I would use them in the salt .

Edit:

Just looked Lightning's site and they now offer a full stainless version. Never mind about the salt.

Last edited by whatabout1; 01-16-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lightnings.
Attached Thumbnails Lightning Headers-tn_done1.jpg   Lightning Headers-tn_dropin5.jpg   Lightning Headers-tn_dropin6.jpg  

Old 01-16-2008, 11:31 PM
MM1
Registered

I have lightning headers on my Dana lake boat and hve installed them on salt water boats also. The powder coated ones are stainless inner pipes and mid steel outers which works great for fresh water. The other way to get them is stainlees inner and outer. The set I put on my boat made alot mre H P I picked up almost 400 rpm and 8 mph on the big end just by changing the exhaust. The guy that owns the company does a great job and I would recomend them.
Matt
Attached Thumbnails Lightning Headers-shop-projects-021.jpg   Lightning Headers-1983-dana-078.jpg   Lightning Headers-lightning-exhaust-002.jpg  

Old 02-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put an AUTOMATIC DRAIN on your headers. Just use a fitting at the rear of each each headers water tube, "t" fitting the two lines together then install a thru-hull fitting below the water line. When the boat is trailered or put on a lift the headers automatically drain. This does not cause a water pressure problem either. We have used this method for years on our Lightnings and never had any issues.......
Old 11-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blown formula
Put an AUTOMATIC DRAIN on your headers. Just use a fitting at the rear of each each headers water tube, "t" fitting the two lines together then install a thru-hull fitting below the water line. When the boat is trailered or put on a lift the headers automatically drain. This does not cause a water pressure problem either. We have used this method for years on our Lightnings and never had any issues.......
BF .... send me an email address ....m
Old 11-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blown formula
You say below the water line? Like where? Under the boat? Cause think about it, when your on plane the only place for it to be "under the water line? is under the boat, and not even that is all under water, hell my boat is out of the water just as much as it is in the water when running..wow nevermind, just noticed that this post was from 2008...

Last edited by stlliberator; 11-05-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: very old post...
Old 11-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you notice this post is almost 4 years old ?

Quick Reply: Lightning Headers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.