Morel lifter?? >

Morel lifter??

Notices

Morel lifter??

Old 01-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Morel lifter??

Are Morel lifters a direct replacement (same height) as stock roller lifters on a 502 mag? I just spent a fortune on custom length pushrods and don't want to do it again.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Call or pm RMBuilder/Bob Madara of Marine Kinetics....he can help you with your questions.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Call or pm RMBuilder/Bob Madara of Marine Kinetics....he can help you with your questions.
I agree. He will help you out. I used Morels on my new motor and they are top of the line.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kennyo
Are Morel lifters a direct replacement (same height) as stock roller lifters on a 502 mag? I just spent a fortune on custom length pushrods and don't want to do it again.
I can possibly be of help. I just happen to be right in the middle of a motor build and have the morels sitting in a box. I can measure one and then you can compare that against your stock lifter. We are assuming that the Morels are all the same dimensions, (BBC application) or at least very close manufactured tolerance. I just went thru the same procedure. Custom length push rods that is.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

You need to measure the inside of the lifter where the pushrod is inserted, the outside lip of the lifter is not important.

Why did you get cusom length rods? where the rockers rubbing the retainers or what?
Old 01-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
You need to measure the inside of the lifter where the pushrod is inserted, the outside lip of the lifter is not important.

Why did you get cusom length rods? where the rockers rubbing the retainers or what?
Yes, the top/center of the plunger to the lifter base.

I changed many things that could (and did) effect the length of the push rod. Using the method best explained on most push rod manufacturers websites, I validated that to be true.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Registered

I did a cam and roller rocker change. the rockers and studs warranted the the new pushrods.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I did a cam and roller rocker change. the rockers and studs warranted the the new pushrods.
Best way to find out is to mock up the engine and stick a lifter in the hole and see if the rockers line up properly.

You need clearance under the retainer, and the roller tip needs to be in the center of the valve stem when the valve is open.

Even if you use a length checker, you will have to mock the engine up.

If the pushrods are a little short, sometimes you can put lash caps on top of the valves and it will keep you from ordering a longer rod.

Good luck with your project.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Best way to find out is to mock up the engine and stick a lifter in the hole and see if the rockers line up properly.

You need clearance under the retainer, and the roller tip needs to be in the center of the valve stem when the valve is open.

Even if you use a length checker, you will have to mock the engine up.

If the pushrods are a little short, sometimes you can put lash caps on top of the valves and it will keep you from ordering a longer rod.

Good luck with your project.
I used lash caps once to get dead on. They always made me nervous though. I'll get it right, it's gonna suk if I have to change them though.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I used lash caps once to get dead on. They always made me nervous though. I'll get it right, it's gonna suk if I have to change them though.
After you mock it up,and if they don't fit, PM me what size you need and I will check what I have.

Most of mine have little or no use on them because of similar situations.

I ight be able to trade or help you out a little.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Morel lifter??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.