1050 Dominator Questions >

1050 Dominator Questions

Notices

1050 Dominator Questions

Old 04-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1050 Dominator Questions

I have a couple questions concerning (2) 525SC takeoff carbs I am rebuilding.

1. I have disassembled both carbs. 1 carb had 2 check valve needles, 1 under each accel pump squirter. The other carb had no check valves under the squirters. Are these necessary? Should I find a place to buy to more so both carbs have 2, or can I split the 2 I have and load one in each carb on the primary side?

2. I am used to tuning 4150 carbs. With 4150s to get good manners in and out of gear you can crack open the secondaries to allow you to close the primaries thereby making the idle adjustment screws work. On 1050s there is an adjustment for the secondary stop position that look much like an idle stop adjusting screw. But if I adjust the secondary stop to make the butterflies stay open more, the link to the primary keeps the primary from closing properly. What am I missing here? Seem like an improvement over the 4150 adjustment method until I started trying to do it.

Help, BT
Old 04-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

send your carbs to Gary Williams in Mississippi. The best money you will ever spend hands down for complete carb mods and resto. PM for address and contact info.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Registered

Nah, that would take all the fun and satisfaction out of it. Anyone?

BT
Old 05-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all the ones I have had apart had the pointed end check valve under the squirter...any speed shop that carries holley should be able to get them...they are the same as a 4150 as far as I know, Rob
Old 05-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on the secondary idle, remember dominators are really drag race carbs that they get to work ok in a marine app. does yours have idle mixture adj in the secondary ? you can pretty much leave the secondary idle speed alone...won't help much, I use that on our top sportsman car that I run one on to help idle in gear with a much wilder cam that you could run in a boat..if you have secondary idle adj...adj like the primary after the primary, fully warmed, a vacume gauge is good here to get the best vacume...or just the best idle...but try to keep the balanced side to side on the # of turns....they are not bad to deal with...Rob..ps just don't try to run a 3 circut one on a boat !!!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Registered

Thanks for the feedback EZ. I'll peak in my 4150s and see if I can't rob a couple needles. I didn't think of that. I just put a barbed fitting in the carbs which I'll use to get the idle screws right and make sure my PVs are right. It seems drilling holes in the primary throttle plates is the common way to bleed vacuum with these carbs for idle manners.