Repainting my boat Project

Notices

Repainting my boat Project

Old 02-22-2002, 10:26 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Repainting my boat Project

Ok guys I decided that this year was the year to repaint my boat. I can not take all the stripes that look like a blind person put them on and the windows and all that looking half assed. So I will put my progress on this string for anyone that is interested to see how much of a nighmare this is LOL

The first picture is what it looks like now.
Old 02-22-2002, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audio........I'd be interested to see the whole project. (I like to work that kinda stuf).........I re-did the clear coat on my forward deck last year which made a huge difference. If you can start before it gets too humid (like start the prep asap), who knows, you could be done sooner than you think. (only wish I had a nice SATO HVLP gun when I did mine). GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Bob
Old 02-22-2002, 09:49 PM
imq707s

Would you give me some more info on the paint that you're going to use. I've been thinking about repainting my 1985 Scarab. I've painted a bunch of cars, but never a boat. What's the easiest way to get it off of the trailer? Please keep us informed on how the paint job turns out.

Old 02-23-2002, 11:09 AM
Registered

The easiest way to get it off the trailer is with YardArms. If you can find a boatyard that will loan/rent them to you, great. I usually use screwjacks (boat stands that look like oversized car jackstands with a 1-inch machine screw in the middle and a plywood plate on top) and a couple friends to maneuver the trailer out from under the boat.
Old 02-23-2002, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey you guys, I'm in the process of just finishing my boat, almost 3 winters, everything from stringers to motors to paint. As for as which paint? Imron of course. I get my boat of the trailer with a sling. Have a big I-beam in the garage and I sling it of with a couple of chain falls.
Old 02-24-2002, 10:28 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Audio, could you post some pics as you go along? We need to know what it looked like to start with
Old 02-25-2002, 08:38 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Try again
Old 02-25-2002, 09:49 PM
B.R.S.

I have completely redone 3 boats painting 2 with PPG basecoat/ clearcoat and one with Imron and would not use Imron again. The PPG is much eaiser to work with and is fine if you don't store in the water. The Imron on the my Fountian got sctatched below thw waterline and them peeled off in sheets. The PPG would only chip and the water did not make it peel. This boat has PPG.
Attached Thumbnails Repainting my boat Project-stymieskismall.jpg  

Old 02-25-2002, 09:52 PM
B.R.S.

PPG
Attached Thumbnails Repainting my boat Project-smpantera.jpg  

Old 02-25-2002, 09:55 PM
B.R.S.

If I can be any help feel free to contact me. This is Imron.
Attached Thumbnails Repainting my boat Project-sboat2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Repainting my boat Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.