Anyone Ever Buy Boat Long Distance >

Anyone Ever Buy Boat Long Distance

Notices

Anyone Ever Buy Boat Long Distance

Old 05-22-2008, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone Ever Buy Boat Long Distance

Thinking about buying a boat 1300 miles away from me.was gonna have the boat surveyed and then shipped.any tips someone can give me on how to go about this.very concerned about paying out 50g and not seeing it until it hits my driveway.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Fly out and look at it yourself. Over the years I've found out my idea of 'great condition' is light years away from many.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought one, and it wasnt what was said, rug was worn, hell it was ripped up, and motor blew in less that 1 your use, i had to take legial action, i paid for about half of the repairs . go look at
Old 05-22-2008, 07:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
Fly out and look at it yourself. Over the years I've found out my idea of 'great condition' is light years away from many.
What he said. You can also just have it surveyed...or just do a post on here to ask for help in the area. Many times I have seen where members have gotten someone from the area of the boat go and look at a boat for them.

I bought my 31' Cigarette sight unseen from Oklahoma and it turned out awesome. I also had someone go look at an old Vette for me in Wisconsin (Thanks again Little Tommy!!) and that turned out good as well.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my last one 1200 miles away based on having Ed Cozzi survey it. With all these members, someone on here is close enough to give it a look for you, but that's no substitute for a survey.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Registered

i bought 2 long distance. one was an ebay deal with no motor, so i had no expectations. actually surprised with all the other crap that came with it.

on another boating forum i go to, people ask other members to look at the boat for them. thats what i did. just posted in the appropriate part of the country. a couple guys emailed back and went to look at the boat. they gave me the ok and suggested a local surveyor. only then did i fly down . i met with the surveyor, bought the guys some beers and it turned out great. wound up buying the boat. i might be naive, but i figure if someone takes the time to read up on boats and forums they have to be a step above your regular joe. just put a posting up in the region you want to buy in.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I simply did not pay until I picked it up in person. Checked it out, ran it, etc. Brought the cashiers check with me, paid and towed it home. 1300miles.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought two long distant boats. I didn't learn my lesson on the first one. I spent a ton on both, go look and run it in the water under load, I would not buy another one unless I ran it. Sometimes motors run great on a hose, then when you go out and sea trail you have problems. It is your money spend it wisely.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by awsomethunder
Thinking about buying a boat 1300 miles away from me.was gonna have the boat surveyed and then shipped.any tips someone can give me on how to go about this.very concerned about paying out 50g and not seeing it until it hits my driveway.

DO NOT do that .... go look ....
As stated ..first if its convienent for a member to go look... do that first ...
then either a survey and last go look/sea trail ...... or go look and if all seems ok to you ( you like it) then have it surveyed ..m

where is it ?
Old 05-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered

If you can afford 50g, spending a day of your time and a round trip ticket is chump change.

Quick Reply: Anyone Ever Buy Boat Long Distance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.