Throttle Adjustment >

Throttle Adjustment

Notices

Throttle Adjustment

Old 06-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Adjustment

I recently repowered my '97 Baja from my 502 EFI to a HP500 carb motor and I am having an issue with my throttle control. When my motor is at WOT the throttle control is only a little over half way of its range. Is there an adjustment I can make to cure this? The controls are the original Keikhaffer and when I pulled them out I did not see any way to adjust the cable. Anyone had a similar issue? I am reinstalling the 502 EFI after it is rebuilt so I can live with the issue, but i would like to have my full range of movement in the throttle. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Registered

I think that the EFI motor linkage did not have a long stroke range that you need for your carb. I think you have to adjust it at your levers. You have to move the cable down on the lever for more stroke
Old 06-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Your throttle does not have any adjustment for the amount of throw it has. You have to move the cable connection farther out on the carb. There are multiple holes in the carb. You should probably be in the outermost hole. If it is a very large hole in the carb linkage, then you need to install some bushings to reduce the size of the hole. Holley makes some brass bushings to reduce that hole to 5/16" I think. The farther out on the arm of the carb you go, the more movement in the throttle you will have. Hope this helps, Eddie.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Your throttle does not have any adjustment for the amount of throw it has. You have to move the cable connection farther out on the carb. There are multiple holes in the carb. You should probably be in the outermost hole. If it is a very large hole in the carb linkage, then you need to install some bushings to reduce the size of the hole. Holley makes some brass bushings to reduce that hole to 5/16" I think. The farther out on the arm of the carb you go, the more movement in the throttle you will have. Hope this helps, Eddie.
You are correct, no adjustment at the control. The cable connection is at the farthest hole on the linkage at the carb. I could probably make an aluminum plateto entend the connection further. Do you have any idea how much would need to be added for full movement? Thanks, John
Old 06-10-2008, 02:10 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

If you can, take a pic of the carb linkage and post it here. Something is not right. You should have full range of travel with the cable in the outermost hole on the carb.
I have seen carb linkages cut off to shorten them. Just a guess as to what may be wrong. Post a pic so I can see what you are dealing with. Or you could email it to me at [email protected].
Eddie.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Registered

I had to make an extension (Silver piece) to bring the cable out further on the linkage.
Attached Thumbnails Throttle Adjustment-dsc04558.jpg  
Old 06-10-2008, 09:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that linkage bracket has been cut short. look in oso classifieds, I seen some brackets there, samething just longer tail piece.
Larry
Old 06-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hoozeyurdaddy
that linkage bracket has been cut short. look in oso classifieds, I seen some brackets there, samething just longer tail piece.
Larry
Larry , not sure if you mean me or not. If you are refering to the pic I posted, nothing has been cut. I made what you see in the pic.
Mike
Old 06-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
If you can, take a pic of the carb linkage and post it here. Something is not right. You should have full range of travel with the cable in the outermost hole on the carb.
I have seen carb linkages cut off to shorten them. Just a guess as to what may be wrong. Post a pic so I can see what you are dealing with. Or you could email it to me at [email protected].
Eddie.
I will get a pic posted up tomorrow. It does not make sense to me either, hopefully the pic will help.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Noise Pollution
Larry , not sure if you mean me or not. If you are refering to the pic I posted, nothing has been cut. I made what you see in the pic.
Mike
that piece you made ... was it to increase the throw? I have the same problem after going from stock carb to 4150 ...I only get about 75% of the sticks movement and not a positve stop .... its annoying as H ell !!!

Quick Reply: Throttle Adjustment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.