Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie! >

Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!

Notices

Dyno results - Nice Job Eddie!

Old 06-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bill, are you going to sell your manifolds? Shoot me a # if you are. Ken.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kennyo
Bill, are you going to sell your manifolds? Shoot me a # if you are. Ken.
I have considered it. With the new heads some of my clearences are very tight.

I think that they might fit. Will know soon
Old 06-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
It's funny that you say that. I can always pick one of my engines out just by sound. I have had numerous people tell me the same thing. By no means am I bragging and I have no idea why they sound the way they do, but they definetely have a different sound.
Eddie
Glad to see you got that thing worked out, not the same as a whipple huh bud, much harder to dyno with the strange boost curve.
Good luck
Mark
Old 06-09-2008, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Great looking motor, you got reason to be proud of it. A couple of those would work great in the DCB.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CAL MAN
Glad to see you got that thing worked out, not the same as a whipple huh bud, much harder to dyno with the strange boost curve.
Good luck
Mark

Very different from a Whipple. I haven't been beat up like that by an engine before and I didn't like it. Thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate it. I learned a lot from this one and am better prepared for the next one.
I was blown away that I changed the blower pulley by 3/4" and it didn't really make a difference at all. Then one more 1/8" change and the thing made up to 9 psi boost. There is almost no way to plan ahead for that. Now I know to have a big stack of pulleys for the next one.
Talk to you soon, Eddie.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
Great looking motor, you got reason to be proud of it. A couple of those would work great in the DCB.
They would work very well in the DCB!

This is my first engine from Young Performance. I have talked to a number of Eddie's customers in this area. All I have heard that they make big power and are turn key. There is a guy on my lake with a pair of his 925's. Everytime he hits the key they fire up like a set of stock EFI's and idle calmly around the dock. The only difference is that they have a distinct sound and much more power.

You should certainly consider a set.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
It is a heavy boat. Does well in rough water for a boat its size. The hull is a twin step with a small keel pad.

Performance numbers? Who knows. I wanted a boat that will run along in the 70's and then step smartly to 85. It will do that extremely well. I have heard a number of different stories about the hull with big power. I heard it is good to go to 95. I read a post from a guy that said it was a handfull at 92 and I have heard that Donzi has taken the hull to 105 but it was out of control.

This engine has the power to take the boat to the high 90's.

My plan is to enjoy the boat. If I need more hull a few years down the road, I will keep the engine and try something else.

One thing is for sure, it will require some seat time and dialing in.

You shouldn't have any problems reaching your goals & yeah seat time will be the key... That & being kind to your drive..
Old 06-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Very different from a Whipple. I haven't been beat up like that by an engine before and I didn't like it. Thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate it. I learned a lot from this one and am better prepared for the next one.
I was blown away that I changed the blower pulley by 3/4" and it didn't really make a difference at all. Then one more 1/8" change and the thing made up to 9 psi boost. There is almost no way to plan ahead for that. Now I know to have a big stack of pulleys for the next one.
Talk to you soon, Eddie.
Hey Eddie,

Maybe if we get to do mine it will be a bit more kind to you..
Old 06-10-2008, 01:52 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I certainly hope so. The couple things I learned are that Procharger doesn't have a clue, and bring a stack of pulleys because there is no rhyme or reason as to what they are going to do. I could easily see where you could have a problem doing a twin since they could wind up with different pulleys of the blower. Mark has had that problem before and I certainly have no problem believing it.

I have always been one of the biggest supporters of Whipple. I think they have an awesome piece and after doing this Procharger motor, I'm an even bigger fan of Whipple. I'm not knocking Procharger, but if I had to build a blower motor from scratch, it would have a Whipple. I will say that the Procharger made some excellent power and seems to be very mild mannered and driveable, but I think the Whipple is just a better all around unit. It is more expensive, but you're getting something for your money.With that being said, I would be glad to do another Procharger motor since I have a much better handle on how they act now. Anyone?????
Eddie