Mildew on Boat Cover >

Mildew on Boat Cover

Notices

Mildew on Boat Cover

Old 07-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Mildew on Boat Cover

Has anyone had any success removing mildew from a boat cover? If yes, please tell me what you used and the process to get this stuff gone. My cockpit cover and my full cover have a considerable amount of mildew and now it is getting on the tops of my seats. I hate to have to replace otherwise good covers because of mildew.
Thanks!
Old 07-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Originally Posted by convincor253
Has anyone had any success removing mildew from a boat cover? If yes, please tell me what you used and the process to get this stuff gone. My cockpit cover and my full cover have a considerable amount of mildew and now it is getting on the tops of my seats. I hate to have to replace otherwise good covers because of mildew.
Thanks!

It's hard as anything with bleach will remove or fade the color or ruin the vinyl if there is any.

REMEDEX is non-abrasive, non-bleaching safe mold cleaner that will not scratch surfaces. Fast and easy application that eradicates mold stains on contact with foaming action.

http://www.newmoldsolutions.com/

They have a product that works well and is bleach free.

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 07-07-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same situation. That mequiars looks good for vinyl but what does everyone use for canvas???
Old 07-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered

I have the same problem and was wondering if I could just put it in my washing machine?I have a machine large enough to wash it but not sure if it will take the water proof coating off of it of if it would tear it up. Cover is less than a year old so i would rather not buy a new one.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
I have the same problem and was wondering if I could just put it in my washing machine?I have a machine large enough to wash it but not sure if it will take the water proof coating off of it of if it would tear it up. Cover is less than a year old so i would rather not buy a new one.

Give it a try ...can always Scotchguard it after.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered

a weak bleach solution and SUNLIGHT. i've always had good luck
Old 07-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by convincor253
Thanks!
I've heard this company makes some really really good products and I would give them a try. I just picked my first bottle of their Vinyl cleaner up today, and am gonna give it a shot.

http://www.biokleen.com/proddetail.a...=M00307&cat=12
Old 07-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I had the same problem with black mildew on the inside of the cover. This may sound a little crude but it worked. I layed the cover on a solid surface and pressure washed and it worked. Turn down the psi and be carefull. I have tried the washing machine route but did not work. Do NOT use the clothes dryer or the sun to dry it...it will shrink. Once dry apply a canvas water repelant bought form the local West marine.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
It's hard as anything with bleach will remove or fade the color or ruin the vinyl if there is any.

REMEDEX is non-abrasive, non-bleaching safe mold cleaner that will not scratch surfaces. Fast and easy application that eradicates mold stains on contact with foaming action.

http://www.newmoldsolutions.com/

They have a product that works well and is bleach free.

THANKS!

I will give them a call to discuss my situation.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

If it is canvas. Use a spray bottle with about 10% bleach & water, spray it on, scrub it with a brush, and hose it off. It works great. Let it dry out in the sun. Go to a sports store and get some tent and canvas waterproofing and UV spray and retreat the cover. I had to do this almost every year with my canvas cover on my old boat and I never had any problems with it fading or damaging the cover. You have to kill the mold and mildew or it will come back. This also will work well on your seats, but you have to rinse the bleach solution off after it kills the mold.

Quick Reply: Mildew on Boat Cover

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.