roller lifter jam >

roller lifter jam

Notices

roller lifter jam

Old 09-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default roller lifter jam

the roller lifter stock in bore bent two vales .what makes that happen .540 dart with comp roller lifter
Old 09-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lifer is broken, when this happens the bottom of the lifter streads out, and will stick in the bore. The only way to get it out is thru the bottom. Sometime if your are lucky or real good you can remove the can, and using a good magnet you can get them that way.

Good Luck
Old 09-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Registered

so if the lifter is broke .i have about 50 hours on them you think bad lifter??? maybe i should change to another brand
Old 09-21-2008, 08:01 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

I seem to remember a thread a while back about a bad run of Comp Lifters. The other thing that comes to mind is that you have to hone the lifters bores in new Dart blocks. Maybe they were honed too tight?
Old 09-22-2008, 05:16 AM
Registered

Hard to say if just a bad lifter, I have seen them break at start up. So anything can happen in 50 hours.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:30 AM
ak
Registered

Default bad lifter

I just got finish replacing a new set of comp lifters a couple weeks ago in my engine,had a lifter go bad in the middle of the lake,very loud and pissed me right off,installed a new set of crane lifters and no problems,even quieter then the comps,i was told by some distributors that comp was having a bad run there for a while but i dont know for sure.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Morel has a new super lifter that is said to be way beyond the Comps, etc. Check with any of the builders- RMBUILDER, Gellner, Eddie Young...
Old 09-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Bajabob,
I answered you on Boatfreaks. I still think the lifter bore in the block is to tight. Every lifter manufacturer has a slightly different size lifter and calls for a differing amount of clearance. I'm not sure but the Comp's may run a little on the big side. It needs to be checked with a dial bore gauge.
As Chris said, the Morel's are the best and the only lifter that I run. You don't need the new Morel lifters unless you are running some real high rpm's and/or running high spring pressures. Those lifters are good to 6800 rpm and almost 600# spring pressure. Let me know if I can help, Eddie.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Bajabob,
I answered you on Boatfreaks. I still think the lifter bore in the block is to tight. Every lifter manufacturer has a slightly different size lifter and calls for a differing amount of clearance. I'm not sure but the Comp's may run a little on the big side. It needs to be checked with a dial bore gauge.
As Chris said, the Morel's are the best and the only lifter that I run. You don't need the new Morel lifters unless you are running some real high rpm's and/or running high spring pressures. Those lifters are good to 6800 rpm and almost 600# spring pressure. Let me know if I can help, Eddie.
thanks eddie i posted on 3 site to see if any body had same thing go wrong? i am sending my motor back to the guy that built it . i listen to every body and learn a lot . i think i like to take the comp lifter out and replace with better ones .i was hoping this motor was going to stay together for a longer time .i was hoping i got the best part for my motor ,it seem like i made a boo boo on cam set up ? all you guy are very smart and i thank you for answering my ?????
Old 09-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

My pleasure. Good luck. Let me know if I can help in any way or if you just have a question, Eddie.