575sci Head Gasket ?? >

575sci Head Gasket ??

Notices

575sci Head Gasket ??

Old 09-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 575sci Head Gasket ??

anyone know if I order the complete engine overhaul gasket kit from Bam will it come with Cometic head gaskets or something else??......... Bam part # is 27-842182A1..... I will be rebuilding both 575's this winter and want Cometics......
Old 09-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

How many hours do you have?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Registered

Just shy of 300hrs........ motors run great and I am sure I could squeeze another season out of them but I am the second owner and just want to go through them now and have a clear head......... an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure......
Old 09-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would buy the rebuid kit by parts. I agree Cometic is the only way. Merc uses the GM gasket.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Merc/GM gaskets are superceded with Cometics. So, the rebuild kit should come with Cometics unless it is an old kit left on the shelf.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Registered

That's what I read on a post I found here doing a search but I just wanted to make sure......
Old 09-27-2008, 05:28 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Hey John,

Dont jump the gun yet. We have to make sure the blocks dont need to be bored before we even start to think about head gaskets. Head gaskets are bore specific. They will be out and apart before you know it.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
Just shy of 300hrs........ motors run great and I am sure I could squeeze another season out of them but I am the second owner and just want to go through them now and have a clear head......... an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure......
300hrs...surprised they have held up that long. Mine were toasted @ 200hrs. Definitely time! I would take it you are going thru the heads? And replacing the valve spring with the one that come with your new hydraulic roller blower cams? In all seriousness replacing the flat tappet cams would be a good move. If you do need to bore it bumping comp. from 7.5 to 8.5 with would definitely make more power without stressing the blower anymore. It sure is fun to spend someone else's money! Sounds like a fun project.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:26 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JRider
300hrs...surprised they have held up that long. Mine were toasted @ 200hrs. Definitely time! I would take it you are going thru the heads? And replacing the valve spring with the one that come with your new hydraulic roller blower cams? In all seriousness replacing the flat tappet cams would be a good move. If you do need to bore it bumping comp. from 7.5 to 8.5 with would definitely make more power without stressing the blower anymore. It sure is fun to spend someone else's money! Sounds like a fun project.
I will be building his engines this winter. Definately going to switch to hydraulic roller cams, matching springs, titanium ( I know its overkill) retainers, 10* locks. Hoping the bores and pistons are reusable, really dont want to bump the compression or change anything to add performance. Want to keep the ecu mapping stock. Not a big fan of the Crane Gold rockers that are on these engines. Was thinking of upgrading to Comp Pro Magnums, but have heard of some failures they have had lately. May just send the Cranes back for a rebuild or possibly just get new Cranes. New ARP head bolts or possibly studs are on the list as well. I want to make these engines as strong and reliable as possible, without effecting performance in either direction. The blowers were freshened last season, everything else should be just a basic , uneventful, freshen up.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

How much is a freshen up on these motors?

Quick Reply: 575sci Head Gasket ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.