Reason for 0 pressure >

Reason for 0 pressure

Notices

Reason for 0 pressure

Old 09-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Reason for 0 pressure

removed the remote oil filter, cooler,block adapt,lines, cut the filter open , it wasn't too bad...OIL WAS BLACK..6 HR on oil chance..found alot of bronze.. some flakes 1/16- 1/8 th in size..
Attached Thumbnails Reason for 0 pressure-0927081306-small-.jpg   Reason for 0 pressure-0927081143a-small-.jpg   Reason for 0 pressure-0927081148-small-.jpg  

Old 09-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scarab3DMC
removed the remote oil filter, cooler,block adapt,lines, cut the filter open , it wasn't too bad...OIL WAS BLACK..6 HR on oil chance..found alot of bronze.. some flakes 1/16- 1/8 th in size..
Looks like the oil came right out of the ground.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer dmc, thats what burned up oil looks like. Unfortunately I've been there done that. Took out the mains. Should be a cheap fix though as long as it didn't spin a bearing.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the oil smell like fuel? I heard fuel mixing in will turn it black.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Bummer mains
That was not synthetic, right?
Old 09-28-2008, 05:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by blue thunder
Bummer dmc, thats what burned up oil looks like. Unfortunately I've been there done that. Took out the mains. Should be a cheap fix though as long as it didn't spin a bearing.
there isn't going to be anything cheap about this. and if you don't figure out exactly why the oil got 400 degrees and took out the bottom end, your next post will be, " gee i just had my motor rebuilt and it blew up again almost immediatly"

nothing happens for no reason
Old 09-28-2008, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stevesxm
there isn't going to be anything cheap about this. and if you don't figure out exactly why the oil got 400 degrees and took out the bottom end, your next post will be, " gee i just had my motor rebuilt and it blew up again almost immediatly"

nothing happens for no reason
long story,motor builder said he'd take care of any problems.So he will get both motors...two years to get them back..last time ..supposed to be dyno'd..this motor had NO carbon in the exaust ..(had to remove manifolds when they came back.) he sword both were broken in.. "so go out and run them"..I informed him a month ago.. he will get them rite..want to see higher oil pressure thought..
Attached Thumbnails Reason for 0 pressure-100_0134-small-.jpg   Reason for 0 pressure-100_0133-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Scarab3DMC; 09-28-2008 at 06:10 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

thought..
Did you check to make sure the oil lines to the remote filter where on correct? Thats one way to cook the oil and engine.

Just a warning, Do not reuse that oil cooler.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Were you running stock oil coolers? Brad at CPPerformance hooked me up with a deal on oil temp gauges and senders.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=184038
Old 09-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Registered

long story,motor builder said he'd take care of any problems.So he will get both motors...two years to get them back..last time ..supposed to be dyno'd..this motor had NO carbon in the exaust ..(had to remove manifolds when they came back.) he sword both were broken in.. "so go out and run them"..I informed him a month ago.. he will get them rite..want to see higher oil pressure thought..
well... its your call because its your hardware but for the life of me i can not think of a single reason why i would send two motors back to a guy that took two years to build them in the first place, only to have them blow up almost immediatly.

exactly what has he demonstrated so far that makes you believe you will get anything back that's usable assuming you ever get it back at all ?

cut your loss and try to grind a cash settlement out of him and find someone that knows what they are doing to fix your stuff.

and thats assuming that the previous post that suggested that your oil lines weren't reversed isn't correct... because youre going to feel awfully foolish if that turns out to be the case.

as for the oil coolers... if they were the right size before, then they still are and you can clean them and reuse them just fine as long as you actually DO clean them properly. throwing away oil coolers is a myth promoted by the guys that sell them.

Quick Reply: Reason for 0 pressure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.