Converting A 502 >

Converting A 502

Notices

Converting A 502

Old 03-09-2002, 04:11 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

EX BUDDIE !!!!! Yes sure,,, ex until the motors apart in the driveway and your scratching your head,,, then it will be time to " rekindle " things huh !!!!

I mean hey,,, we rebuilt your outdrive in the driveway at midnight,,, how bad could the motor be with us planning the job !!!!!
Old 03-11-2002, 09:12 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Paul,
I can't believe your letting Dennis pick on you like that.
Go ahead and build that motor up and KICK HIS A??.
Besides I always like seeing a good race.
Spring is on its way!!!!!
Mark
Old 03-11-2002, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 500 hp

Hey guys

Dont forget the 500 hp has 2.250 intake valves, also the older ones have some chamber work although I dont think it's worth any power gain.
Old 03-11-2002, 01:48 PM
voodoo

If you have a GEN V 502 it is not a roller cam engine. Easiest way to w/o tearing into it is by looking at the timing cover. Mark IV and Gen V have a steel timing cover. Gen VI roller cam engines have a cast aluminum cover with only 6 bolts. Non of the Mag engines from Mercury have roller rockers.

Old 03-11-2002, 05:17 PM
B.R.S.

1 boatnut I use 830 Holley vacume secondarys. The dyno sheet said the jets were 82/82. A little soot on transom but the plug color is perfect. I dont know what year the blocks are but they are Gen V. Mine has flat tappets but I have heard that some of the later blocks are machined the accept GM roller drivetrain but I have never personally seen one.

Last edited by B.R.S.; 03-11-2002 at 05:19 PM.

Old 03-11-2002, 05:46 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

I love racing Paul to Mark !!! Even if he is out in front he breaks before we get anywhere for someone to see him winning !!!! ( sorry buddy )
Old 03-11-2002, 06:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,again thanks for all the info. I am really getting a good feeling for this project. ANY more info would sure be apreciated. It is great to see all the different opinions and experiances everyone has posted.

P.S -Mark,I am not letting Dennis get away with anything. Believe me he will PAY! I figure if I spend a little dollars,this will upset him enough to get a crowbar out and pry open his wallet. He will either spend twice as much as me or buy a new bot, Both of which will make me the WINNER!!!!! Say hi to Patti,and hope to see you guys on the water soon.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:00 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Heck yes !!!! I might even spend some of my comunion money (which Paul swears I still have) to pry a couple more ponies out of my little slug !!!!

By the way,,, get your motors back yet Mark? Let me know if you need a hand getting ther Cig back together.
Old 03-12-2002, 09:55 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hear ya Paul, There is a secret mission ther I'm sure.

Dennis I don't have the motors back yet they are probably 3 to 4 weeks out yet. They are waiting on some parts and need to do some machine work on the blocks. Been working on buffing and waxing and cleaning the bilge and stuff like that. So once the motors are back I should have them in the boat in a couple days.
Thanks for the offer of help I'll let you know.
Say hi to the girls and see ya all soon.

Mark
Old 03-14-2002, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm off the board a few days and miss all the fun. Some of these posts have been very constructive. I LMAO to the others.
See you guys in a couple weeks.
Dan

Quick Reply: Converting A 502

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.