Dana Marine refuses to sell replacement parts >

Dana Marine refuses to sell replacement parts

Notices

Dana Marine refuses to sell replacement parts

Old 10-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dana marine

i have ordered from dana 3 times and never had a problem.always very helpful on the phone.it takes alittle longer to get my stuff,but they are in Ca,and i am in Va.thats probley why.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

No matter what you do, you simply cannot please some people. zt260 would be such a person. I'll continue to buy from Dana.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds liken they are going to step and take care of you as well as can be expected. I think you should delete the thread.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Us! Us! Us! not Me! Me! Me!

ZT260

This is the side of forums that irks the s*** out of me!
A customer has some sort of problem with a quality vendor like Dana or others who advertise and supportt this forum and others with support and technical assistance. Some boaters come on here and start bashing a supplier because you had a problem with a product that isn't even really a warranty period issue. The vendor tries to be nice and fair and even offers to repair the problem at his expense no cost! And you're still *****'en! This is not what OSO should be about and you should back off , get your problem resolved with the generous offer of the vendor and spend your time enjoying performance boating!
Like Abraham Lincoln once so elegently said, you can please most of the people most of the time but you can't please all the people all of the time!
I've worked closely with Dana for a long time now and many other quality vendors in this industry also and I can honestly say that most of them always go above and beyond, most of the time even at the expense of profit to provide quality products and stand behind their word and services. Be glad they do, there are a lot of industries where this could not be farther from the truth.
Lets be fair and nice here on the forums and work together to make this sport enjoyable for all!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
ZT260

This is the side of forums that irks the s*** out of me!
A customer has some sort of problem with a quality vendor like Dana or others who advertise and supportt this forum and others with support and technical assistance. Some boaters come on here and start bashing a supplier because you had a problem with a product that isn't even really a warranty period issue. The vendor tries to be nice and fair and even offers to repair the problem at his expense no cost! And you're still *****'en! This is not what OSO should be about and you should back off , get your problem resolved with the generous offer of the vendor and spend your time enjoying performance boating!
Like Abraham Lincoln once so elegently said, you can please most of the people most of the time but you can't please all the people all of the time!
I've worked closely with Dana for a long time now and many other quality vendors in this industry also and I can honestly say that most of them always go above and beyond, most of the time even at the expense of profit to provide quality products and stand behind their word and services. Be glad they do, there are a lot of industries where this could not be farther from the truth.
Lets be fair and nice here on the forums and work together to make this sport enjoyable for all!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Amen !
Old 10-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I could of shipped an item on the 6th like the thread started and I bet I could of talked them into turning it right back around and had it back by Fri.Most of times that I shipped stuff over night,most business would pay or at least split the return air freight,ground,etc.

Most businesses are pretty accommodating when theres a problem, Most

Ive never done biz w/ Dana

Best of luck,rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

0.15% negitive post towards Dana
99.85% positive post toward Dana.
Dana wins.

Another post by you will only lower the 0.15% cash out now.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
0.15% negitive post towards Dana
Dana wins.

Another post by you will only lower the 0.15% cash out now.
Dana wins.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I can tell you that at least it sounds like he is willing to help you out. When I purchased a new boat from eliminator that had Dana products on it and felt I should order everything from them I wanted to add. It was a NIGHT mare trying to get them to help me. After I recieved the order that was not right, 3 calls to them and all they could say was, "got to the hardware store and make it work". I told Bob Leach that I would NEVER buy a new boat from them that had Dana products attached. This was just my experience. I'm sure that people have had good dealings with them. I'm just not one. Its funny though, I ordered stuff from Fred at trick and never had issues with him and look what a weasel he turned out to be. Now I use Eddie marine. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Gary, everyone always reads these types of posts, but they never really get to hear what happened that would cause such a disappointment.

You called us over 3 years ago to order a pull down swim step. Thank you very much for calling us, we appreciate any business we can get. I spoke to you originally and you were not sure who's swim steps were on the boat. You checked it out, called me back, and it was determined that you did indeed have Dana Marine swim steps on the boat.

We proceeded with the order for the 14" Aqua Step. The order was placed on May 5th 2005. The order was shipped on May 5th, 2005. We shipped the Aqua Step equipped with the mounting hardware for a Dana Marine swim step.

Upon arrival, it was discovered that you had an older version swim step that was not pre-drilled and tapped to accept the Aqua Step.

When you called and we spoke about it, it was determined that you would have to drill the steps to install the Aqua Step (which was standard practice on the old steps). Unfortunately, by drilling the steps you would require some different mounting bolts.

Yes, I did suggest for you to go to a hardware store to buy the correct bolts, but I also offered to send you different bolts.
Your quote of "go to the hardware store and make it work" did not come out of my mouth. I simply don't talk to people that way. My suggestion of finding the different bolts at a hardware store was nothing more than a suggestion to expedite your installation.

I think the main focus here is that we didn't ship you the wrong step, or we didn't take your money and run. It was a simple mis-understanding about the age of your swim steps.

Out of all honesty, I didn't think twice about suggesting the trip to the hardware store. I just didn't think it would be that big of a deal.

When I read your post, it comes across as if you had a serious problem with your order, or our phone conversations. I think it would only be fair to say that you were treated in a polite and professional manner, and at no point was there any negative words exchanged.

Last edited by dana marine products; 10-10-2008 at 09:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Dana Marine refuses to sell replacement parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.