Dana Marine refuses to sell replacement parts >

Dana Marine refuses to sell replacement parts

Notices

Dana Marine refuses to sell replacement parts

Old 10-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
I don't feel the threads like this should me locked out, We all like to be informed when someone rips someone off, get both sides of the story and judge ourselves.
I agree. And thats all GSMITH was trying to do...Talk about his dealings with Dana..
Old 10-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
I'm not trying to trash anyone. Just saying that the customer service "for me" was not up to my standards. I called and paid dana marine for a simple step. When it did not fit I could of went to the local lowes or got on the net and researched who made the item and contacted them but i didn't. I called the company that I paid and ask them to help me. Dana marine did not help me. Period! Dana marine could of said, let me get with aqua step and see what we need to send you out. That didn't happen. I DID have to go to lowes and I DID end up having to find aqua step and have THEM send me the correct parts. Was I ripped off? NO! Was I mis-treated in any way? NO! I was just saying that "I" would never buy from dana marine again. Did not buy any hoses, so not sure if you really do remember who I am.

Maybe it would be easier if all that research was done BEFORE you bought. I am new, don't even know who DANA is, but I find ultimately it is the customers responsibility to what to order today.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know, the thing is with gsmith's deal, I think Dana should have helped out a little more, at least send the hardware. Now, on the flip side, gsmith could have went to Lowes & got what he needed & he would have had it taken care of faster & with minimal heartache.
I've been involved both as a retailer & customer in this business. I can tell you that marine customers are the most demanding group out there. Myself included.
I want it & I want it now & I want it right! BUT everyone makes mistakes & they are just that MISTAKES.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This guy (ZT260)has a long history of customer dissatisfaction. The lesson here should be "don't do business with this guy!"

Bad Blood

We made the mistake of trying to help him out of his own problem here and ended up getting slammed. After his little rant I was contacted by a half dozen other marine businesses who had similar experiences with him. He's an IT guy who thinks he knows better than everyone else and thinks he can engineer around industry knowledge.

It is clear that Dave (ZT260) doesn't listen to what he is being told and when the inevitable happens he blames everyone but himself.

And just for the record, I don't do much business with Dana so I have nothing to gain here. Dana is a stand up reputable business with a good long history and a stellar reputation. Their offer to rebuild the rams for free is above and beyond what is reasonable to expect. They have a great product line and don't deserve to be flamed for this.

Just my .02

Love ya' Dave, and thanks for calling my wife names when you called a few years back!

Last edited by Lofty; 10-13-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lofty,
What's up with the website? It won't come up but maybe it's just me.
Looking at buying a couple harnesses.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 10-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dave, they changed servers on us and we're still having some teething issues so I'm not sure how long it'll be down for. We do have harness's, shoot me an email or PM with the lenght you need and I'll get you a price.

Fionn
Old 10-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Ordered several things from Dana personally over the years and have been happy with the service I received. There is always one or two customers ya can never do right by. Guess we found out which ones those were for dana lol.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a little update. The hydraulic cylinders only need standard o-rings to seal them. Sure would have been nice for Dana to mention that. The hydraulic technician showed me why I had the leaks. When the cylinders were assembled they were assembled dry. (No grease) The o-rings cut once they assembled them at the factory and they failed prematurely. I’m all set and it took me all of 15 minutes and 5 bucks.

Lofty, good to see you haven’t lost your knack for lying. You’re a perfect fit for an industry full of cheats. BTW my buddy found the part of my muffler I lost while he was scuba diving last year and I fixed the mufflers for $50. After waiting months for you to only screw me it feels great to have everything work perfectly. Its things like this that restores my faith.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by zt260
Just a little update. The hydraulic cylinders only need standard o-rings to seal them. Sure would have been nice for Dana to mention that. The hydraulic technician showed me why I had the leaks. When the cylinders were assembled they were assembled dry. (No grease) The o-rings cut once they assembled them at the factory and they failed prematurely. I’m all set and it took me all of 15 minutes and 5 bucks.

Lofty, good to see you haven’t lost your knack for lying. You’re a perfect fit for an industry full of cheats. BTW my buddy found the part of my muffler I lost while he was scuba diving last year and I fixed the mufflers for $50. After waiting months for you to only screw me it feels great to have everything work perfectly. Its things like this that restores my faith.
U should just open your own boat store & leave everyone else alone.. What more do you get when the vendor has offered a free fix that's OUT OF WARRANTY? Relax, enjoy boating, and pretend you're not a totally uptight guy who just refuses to make a friend. Nevermind the discussed liability involved regardless of how serious it may be.
Further, it's my opinion that if you wanna use this forum to settle scores, at least pay for the option as most everyone else has.

But as I sit here I'm bettting that you're too much of a Cheap Azz - - - - - - Do the industry a favor and sell your boat and dont' think about buying another one. Reputations speak for themselves you poor victim. I'll send you 55 bucks if it makes you feel better. sincerely.

The industry is not all full of good people but Dana Marine isn't one of the bad guys in this instance. Come 'on man????

Last edited by SDFever; 10-26-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dana marine products
Unfortunately it is a liability issue. I can't do anything more than offer to repair them at no charge.

As it was explained to you on the phone, most likely there is some form of problem causing the leak. The rams generally don't leak on their own. It wouldn't do anyone any good to send you seals to repair a cylinder that most likely has some other problem. You would just end up twice as frustrated when it fails again.

The sales person you spoke with was friendly and he offered you a solution, which was to send the parts back and we would repair or replace them for free. Keep in mind these are a few years old, most companies don't comp repairs on parts this old.

It's unfortunate you feel the way you do, but I feel we offered you a completely reasonable and generous offer. I understand it may be slightly inconvenient to ship the part back, but it is the proper way to fix the problem.

Greed can't be applied to a situation where I'm losing money to fix a problem that exist for unknown reasons. Sight unseen I offered to fix the part at no charge. That doesn't quite fit the definition of greed.

Power Hinges were designed and invented over 15 years ago. We have over 5000 sets sold and to be very honest, it's a rare day when we have a cylinder problem.

In regards to lifting capacity. There is no across the board answer. There are several variables that determine the lifting capacity. Hinge placement, engine hatch length, engine hatch weight, engine hatch construction, etc.
After reading this again, it still made sense.