Time to add the whipple & Raylar parts to the 496HO >

Time to add the whipple & Raylar parts to the 496HO

Notices

Time to add the whipple & Raylar parts to the 496HO

Old 10-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Time to add the whipple & Raylar parts to the 496HO

Well the season is about over in Texas and it is time for a few upgrades. I thought I would do a full write up as I progress through my tear down and assembly process. Hopefully the manufactures will chime in and every one will get some questions answered.
Just to start let me say I thought about other engine packages as well as my 496ho. I chose the HO in the new boat for the cost as well as its very insurable in a cat. My plans are to add the Raylar bottom end to the whipple top end and hopefully come up between 600hp & 700hp. I have spent some time on the phone with Bob at Full Throttle Marine outside of Austin TX. He is very familiar with the HO motor and in turn, he spent some time on the phone with Dustin Whipple and Ray at Raylar. The idea will be to add balanced forged rods and blower pistons along with a new cam and roller rocker arms from Raylar.The next step will be to up the pulley from Whipple to about 7psi and let him work his magic on the computer programing. I am still not sure on the crankshaft yet.
Bob at Full Throttle is doing the internal work on the engine and will hand me back a long block. I want to do the rest of the assembly so I can paint the engine and rig it the way I want. Once it has been reassembled it will go back to Bob for the dyno or I will run a wideband O2 sensor to send Dustin the final information for programming. I really want to dyno but money may be getting short by then.
Ok enough of that, here is the boat. It is a 07 22 Daytona that came with full hydraulic steering Dana exhaust and a XR drive with a sport master lower. The best I have seen out of the boat is 80mph at 4900 with a non labbed 28 pitch bravo1. The boat has run 83 but not with this prop.

Here is the drive and the pictures of ist removal.

Here is the dash and the new guages to be installed.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Registered

Finally I wanted to add a few shots of the engine in the boat and the new Whipple. The hood is now off along with the back seat being removed. The engine will be out this week.

I will keep this thread updated with progress and answer questions if possible.
Mitch
Old 10-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice parts Mitch, do a dyno, so much easer and less $$ to fix a problem and check for any leaks on the stand.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Registered

Yea, Ray said the same thing. If my business will stay steady in our great economy it will get the dyno and a forged crank.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 on the dyno. It is cheaper to do it right the first time. Nice looking boat. I cant wait to see the results. I have a 496 long block that needs a piston and rod I will let go cheap if you are interested, that way you can keep yours for a spare.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered

Shoot me a e-mail on that block with your phone number.
[email protected]
Thanks Mitch
Old 10-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the dyno. It is cheaper to do it right the first time.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you going with raylar heads or are you keeping your old ones?
Old 10-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hatch clearence?????
Old 10-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Registered

I am sticking with the iron heads. I dont think the boss will alow aluminum. The whipple is will clear the top of the hatch no problem. It is 2" shorter. I will need to modify the back seat a little and possibly the seat pad on the hatch.

Quick Reply: Time to add the whipple & Raylar parts to the 496HO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.