Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
whipple SC kit >

whipple SC kit

Notices

whipple SC kit

Old 12-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No intent to hijack but Smitty is there a big differance between the 3 and the 4 in the boost tables.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:01 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Midwest

No problem. I don't do the fuel programming and I have MEFI 3 comps. I'm sure he can get it set up either way.

I was just giving info about how I set mine up with help from Dustin.

Smitty
Old 12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered

I was asking because I am at the point of taking the parasite ecm off and running with a mefi3 or4.

I guess I need to get ahold of a 3 and a 4 bin file and take a look at the tables.

Sounds like your getting about all those 2.3's have to give hp wise.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ubet28
Stay Away From Asm. If You Want To Do Any Boating After The Intial Prop Testing.
Listen to UBT28. I have also had personal dealings with these guys.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:25 PM
VIP Member

Midwest

Yea the 2.3 Whipples made 750 hp for me with 509 ci, good heads and cam. They are holding me back on my 540's now, hence the reason I am looking for a pair of 3.3 Whipples.

I still will never run a boat without a blower. The power and torque is too much fun. Even though my 540's only made a little more hp, I had over 850 ft lbs torque pretty much all the time !!!

Sorry I cannot help you with the files, except that I hear the MEFI 3 is easier to tune quickly.

Smitty
Old 12-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
WOW Sorry about Dustin, I figured he would help.

I am running 2 side mount Whipples. I have MEFI 3 comps. The stock injectors will work up to about 700 hp, as I ran them for 2 years that way and have dyno numbers to prove it.

If you want bigger injectors you can find them here : www.fiveomotorsports.com

When you convert over to MEFI 4 , get rid of the add on injectors and all the related crap, put in a 2 bar map sensor and make a new fuel system that returns the fuel from the front end of the rail back into the fuel filter, but goes thru a regulator first. Also you need to run the returned fuel thru a fuel cooler .

After you get it all rigged up, send your computers to Mark at Precision in Kenner, LA and give him exact info so he can set it up for you. He is the best guy for the job.

Good Luck

We don't mfg. the aux. computers anymore. We never "built" a kit with aftermarket injectors and 1 OEM ECM. The VST style systems are junk and the injectors they use are hard to replace, complicating the matter. Az. Speed can machine the manifold and rails to fit newer style injectors. You then need a MEFI3 or 4 to run the system, 2-bar map, aeromotive A1000 pump, and adjustable regulator. I would highly recommend running the extra 2 fuel injectors through the SC, this has a cooling effect and sealing effect, boosting performance. You can install 2 60 lb/hr fuel injectors with no mods there. You have to "tee" the fuel out of the pump, feed both rails, then come into the adjustable regulator on both ends.

Dustin
Old 12-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Registered

Dustin how would you control the aux. injectors when running a meffi3 ecm alone, I would guess by manifold pressure switch?

I've already got 60lb. in the manifold and would use what you put in the plate orginally unless there is a reason not to.

Can you tell me what kpa the 3 and the 4 read to respectively?
Old 12-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered

thanks for the reply dustin, ASM doesnt recomend using the "enriching" injectors. They have had good luck with out them. Also you run the fuel through the cool fuel unit after the regulator? not before the pump? Also Jim from ASM said you dont need to run a return line to the tank, u can tee it into the water separator and create a big circle, sound right?
Old 12-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

also what impedance am i looking for on the injectors?
Old 12-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by conquest30'
also what impedance am i looking for on the injectors?
High impedance

Quick Reply: whipple SC kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.