how much hp make sense in a 32ībaja? >

how much hp make sense in a 32ībaja?

Notices

how much hp make sense in a 32ībaja?

Old 02-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
Don't be so afraid of what people tell you,,,,if u whant 500's stick them in ,,,then go from there and dial the boat in to your compfort,,,,,,,,,u will see its not that bad.

The dialing in part will tell u if u need longer tabs or boxes ,which props and all that,,,,,,,untill u dial it in u have a long way to go.

I had a 33 PP with twin 650 HP race engines and everybody told me i am nuts,,,,the damn thing was fine in every way.

Its what u make of it not what other people did with there boats.
Every boat has up's and down's and the biggest issui is that most of them are dialed in wrong !!!!
I am not afraid because I am not a racer, i just want to have fun with my boat and no get into trouble. I do not have that much experience in boating, so i ask a lot and i am learning a lot.

thanks
Old 02-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chris-jack
I am not afraid because I am not a racer, i just want to have fun with my boat and no get into trouble. I do not have that much experience in boating, so i ask a lot and i am learning a lot.

thanks
ARE U SAYING RACERS ARE AFRAID ????? !!!!! LOL

No i understand,,, but with a fast boat u can always drive slow ,,,,a slow boat can't go fast though !!!!

So Hp and tourge are good to get out of the hole aswell ,which is more fun if u can exselarate faster with a 32 foot boat .
Then just run it easy untill u get used to it and u will improve yourself and get more feeling for the boat and can go faster.
But if its way underpowerd like a cruiseship u never have as much fun because your buddys will always be faster.

I would set it up with the 500's and go from there.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Chris, did you see the video link I posted on Post #14??? I am not sure if there have been any design changes between my cousin's 1988 32' Baja and yours, but if you watch the video does it look like my cousin's 32' has any problems with dual 461hp engines in that hull? It sure looks pretty good and steady to me.

The dead calm water really shows how the hull rides at that speed. He had just planed off and trimmed the drives up and was still gaining speed as he was going by with 4 people in the boat.

I think a 32' Baja would be a safe enough platform at speed with dual 500hp engines if that is the power you wanted.
That's a 320 Force ( predecessor to the 32 Magnum,
Caliber, outlaw) they are a nice handling boat.

The 320 ES is actually a 30' boat with a molded swim
platform

this is a 320 ES
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/4589
Old 02-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Registered

Flege on here has a 32 with HP500 in it, he might chime in and give you what he thinks.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Flege on here has a 32 with HP500 in it, he might chime in and give you what he thinks.
His is a Force not and ES.... different boats.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Registered

i have offers for hp500 longblocks for 13.500,- and new 496 plug and play for 20.000,-

but i am undecided if i should not try it first with the 454mags. if i decide, i always can make a change. My wife will be happy if i do not go for more.

Rookie question@kaama: how far do you trim the drives up?
Old 02-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered

Irish Tornado has some low hour (40's or something)496 HO's complete ready to go......$15K for the pair.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:04 PM

Like Jaytee is saying. The 320es is not similar to the force, outlaw or caliber, which are the same basic hull. The 320ES is an extremely deep boat with a large pad, that apparently isn't large enough. They ride up on the pad, then fall off. Very unpredictable handling. Turning the props in makes them TERRIBLE, turning out is better. I loved the room and looks of the boat but hated the ride and handling. Honestly, I would take my 24 outlaw in the rough over my old 320es, at least I know what it is going to do. I have no problem putting more hp in a 32' boat, just not that one. Hell, I have more HP going in my 24' than I had in the 32.

Last edited by 320es; 02-05-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 320es
Like Jaytee is saying. The 320es is not similar to the force, outlaw or caliber, which are the same basic hull. The 320ES is an extremely deep boat with a large pad, that apparently isn't large enough. They ride up on the pad, then fall off. Very unpredictable handling. Turning the props in makes them TERRIBLE, turning out is better. I loved the room and looks of the boat but hated the ride and handling. Honestly, I would take my 24 outlaw in the rough over my old 320es, at least I know what it is going to do. I have no problem putting more hp in a 32' boat, just not that one. Hell, I have more HP going in my 24' than I had in the 32.

Thank you

All you cheerleaders telling him to add power to
it, need to drive one of these....I guarantee you'll
change your mind.

It's not a setup issue, it's the design of the boat.
( yes, you can add things that might help, but it's not going
to overcome some of the design issues of the boat,
performance wise)

I'm all for going fast, but if you can't control it
the potential it has for speed is useless or deadly

I too loved the room and lines of the 320ES, but
I couldn't deal with the ill handling, compared
to other boats that were out there.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by chris-jack
Rookie question@kaama: how far do you trim the drives up?
Chris, In my cousin's 32' Baja I would NOT know and I am not sure if he has trim/tab indicators.

Now, on my boat....I cannot quite remember, maybe about 6-8 on the indicator. And you must know I have -2" IMCO shorties on extension boxes with 5-bladed props.....so, it does NOT take much trim for my boat to throw a rooster tail.

Quick Reply: how much hp make sense in a 32ībaja?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.