The best hydraulic steering >

The best hydraulic steering

Notices

The best hydraulic steering

Old 02-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best hydraulic steering

i am a little confused at the moment. i am trying to find the best full hydraulic steering system to be mounted between the drives, i can buy, without waisting money. one seller says zeiger is the best, the only one with stainless ram, not chrome plated like all the others and the biggest ram. the other says imco triangle, easy to install and the most common system. the other want to sell mayfair, the most complete system for least money.

its really hard to get answers, but i think this is the reason why i am in this forum. you guys have the real experience and are able to help me out, like you did a few times.

thank you at this point.
chris

2 bravo I, 34" centerline, rams to be mounted between gimbals, full system wanted from helm to tiebar, (which i have). Stainless Steel for saltwater. Budget around 4.000,- usd .
Old 02-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marine macihine and latham marine top notch(most expensive),zeiger marine next level,imco marine the most affordable,all will get the job done,have installed them all and very few issues with any of them,all depends on how much you want to spend
Old 02-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MDGperformance
Marine macihine and latham marine top notch(most expensive),zeiger marine next level,imco marine the most affordable,all will get the job done,have installed them all and very few issues with any of them,all depends on how much you want to spend
as i said in the beginning, i do not want to waste money, just to have a special brand. i want the best steering. if the cheapest is no quality differnece to the more expensive, i will be happy with the cheapest.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For your baha i would go with the imco kit,very complete kit nice dual bracket for mounting the rams,just installed one on a 32 sunsation
Old 02-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

i asked about 5 sellers to find out what are the advantages of the different brands. in the end i do not know more and i am still confused. the price range for a full steering system is between 3.450,- and 4.050,- for mayfair, imco and zeiger.

did anybody have any issue with one of the systems? if they are really all the same quality, i will buy the cheapest.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by daredevil
YEP,,,cheapest is fine !!!!!! And let me quess ,,IMCO ?! right?
mayfair seems to be cheapest. than imco and zeiger is most expensive.

a very confusing thing is that a distributor said: Zeiger is stainless and Imco and Mayfair are good systems too but the rams are bronze with a chrome coating, not so good in salt water.

is this true?

Last edited by chris-jack; 02-28-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by chris-jack
mayfair seems to be cheapest. than imco and zeiger is most expensive.

a very confusing thing is that a distributor said: Zeiger is stainless and Imco and Mayfair are good systems too but the rams are bronze with a chrome coating, not so good in salt water.

is this true?
Not true.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Not true.
very interesting!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Registered

I just put a full Latham system on my single V over the winter and have had the boat out once since and eveything work out great, and I feel the quailty of the Latham parts are second to none, but its a little more than your budget probably. Steve
Old 02-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by osur866
I just put a full Latham system on my single V over the winter and have had the boat out once since and eveything work out great, and I feel the quailty of the Latham parts are second to none, but its a little more than your budget probably. Steve
just a little more?

Quick Reply: The best hydraulic steering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.