any motor guys please help with my blower question >

any motor guys please help with my blower question

Notices

any motor guys please help with my blower question

Old 03-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any motor guys please help with my blower question

I recently purchased a 177 weiand street blower for an incredible price. I know they have a 177 setup(marine) but at the price i got this for i could not pass it up. I am currently running a stock 350 mercruiser sbc motor in a 92 carrera 202 xr. The question i have is does it seem feasable to run this blower on the boat i have? whats the best carb? and does anyone know how to come about the offset thermostat housing to run the current thermo box over the snout. I am new to the blower and modifying engines and have basic engine knowledge. please help and if you need to know anything more from me please let me know. Thanks for anyone with the time to reply
Old 03-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to CP Performances web site,they should carry anything you need for your 177. I have a friend with a 42 V-Bottom that had twin 500cuin running 177, they pick up about 150HP running 850 carbs.They should work great on a small block. Just make sure your static compression is not to high.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your deal will be fine as long as you follow the few simple rules.

keep boost down to a respectable level. Depending on your static compression ratio, you might only need to run 4# of boost or so.

Keep plenty of fuel available with a good double pump carb, preferrably boost referenced.

Keep a close eye(or ear) out for any detonation using the highest octane pump gas you usually can get in your area and then adjust timing accordingly.

I think I have one of those thermostat housing relocate things that weiand sends with the kits so you can use your original thermostat housing.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but if you don't do everything needed in the fuel department regarding carbs, upgraded pump, etc. right now you will be rebuilding the engine probably sooner than later.

Sam
Old 03-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

call wieand tech ask for tom, he will set you strait, you may have issues getting your pulley set up to work, on B/B they have 3 different set ups and it's tricky getting it all srtrait, need a boost referenced carb, good fuel pressure, limit timing to 28 deg total max. good luck Rob