No start/No injector pulse >

No start/No injector pulse

Notices

No start/No injector pulse

Old 03-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start/No injector pulse

I know this may not be the ideal forum to be asking ski boat questions, but other sites have been little help. Perhaps some experienced minds will chime in.

I am working on a 94 mastercraft with a throttle body injected 350. It will not start due to no injector pulse. I have power at the injectors, and if I ground the injector circuit at the ecm connector they will pulse. I am also getting ignition spark. I have tried 2 different ignition modules thinking that the output side of the module may be bad. Still no start. I have ohm tested all wires from the ignition module to the ecm. No open circuits. I have checked TPS voltage and it is at .5 volts, thinking possibly in clear flood mode. Coolant temp is at 65 deg, and shift interrupt is working properly. I have tried a new ecm, and still no start. Is there anything else that would tell the ecm not to pulse the injectors? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated..

Thanks
Charlie

Last edited by Tow-N-One; 03-23-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crank trigger ?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pick up coil inside the distributer
Old 03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

When you crank the engine over is the tach on the dash moving? Meaning, are you getting an ignition signal? I know you have spark, but you could still not get an ignition signal to the ecm to tell it to fire the injectors.
Eddie
Old 03-24-2009, 07:11 AM
Registered

There is no per say "crankshaft position sensor" the sensor is the pickup coil/ignition module. I have replaced the ignition module, but didnt think the pickup coil would be the problem seeing how I have spark. I dont see any RPM in the data stream while cranking. Not sure if you would see any during cranking. No the tach does not move during cranking either.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cranking spark is generated by the ignition module in the distributor. Only when the engine passes 425 rpm does the module switch over to ECM based timing. You need to verify that the distributor output signal reaches the ECM. If it does, you prolly have a toasted ECM output driver. GM TBI used one Quad driver to run both injectors. If it fries, no injector drive.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:34 AM
Registered

I tried a new ECM, but Im not confident that is was the proper application. I am sure all 4 wires from module to ECM for the high/low IC reference signal are good.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tow-N-One
There is no per say "crankshaft position sensor" the sensor is the pickup coil/ignition module. I have replaced the ignition module, but didnt think the pickup coil would be the problem seeing how I have spark. I dont see any RPM in the data stream while cranking. Not sure if you would see any during cranking. No the tach does not move during cranking either.
You should absolutely see rpm data at cranking speed. That is what tells the ecm that the engine is turning over and the injectors need to be fired. The tach should also move when the engine is being cranked. You are not getting a signal to the ecm to tell it to fire the injectors. Your problem is either in the distrubutor or the wiring from the dist. to the ecm.
Eddie
Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Registered

Ok. Got a new GM distributor from parts, installed it and same thing. The tach on the dash does move while cranking. I did ohm test all 4 wires from dist to ecm again. Also drag tested all terminals. Everything is good.

Im running out of hair to pull out.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tow-N-One
Ok. Got a new GM distributor from parts, installed it and same thing. The tach on the dash does move while cranking. I did ohm test all 4 wires from dist to ecm again. Also drag tested all terminals. Everything is good.

Im running out of hair to pull out.
there is a pink wire that has a dieoed in line that plugs into the distributor module that dieoed is the weak link to theas engines and always over looked and if i remember right you cant find it in a ohm test that easy or something like that it been a while.that dieoed is hard to find becouse it is wraped up in tape or conduint.you will ned to order a new wire it just plugs in.that should get you running again.hope this helps.let us know.

Last edited by Boat Tech; 03-24-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.