Gimbal repair

Notices

Gimbal repair

Old 03-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Pulling the engine shouldn't take you long at all. Last time I pulled mine it took me about 45 mins. I pulled the engine with everything on it. Just remember how you took the back engine mounts off so they go back on correctly

I really do think it will be quicker than the Bender method, or the Merc method. Especially since I have offshore mounts, and I can do all the easy stuff while it is out (new Spark Plugs)
Old 03-31-2009, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I really do think it will be quicker than the Bender method, or the Merc method. Especially since I have offshore mounts, and I can do all the easy stuff while it is out (new Spark Plugs)

All of the above, plus the fact that you are going to find some things in your bilge that need attention and you will be able to do that while the engine(s) is out. When I did my Formula some years ago, I was damn glad I pulled the engines. Only takes a little more to do it first class!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just received my two gimbal rings back from J-R Marine...you can't tell they were repaired...look brand new including the rebuild of the shoes....worth every bit of the cost which was more then 60% saving.

In addition, the gimbal kits are a breeze...quick and easy, all you need to do is follow the simple instructions and BAM..the gimbal ring is in and out in no time......Thanks To Ron who was very helpful through the whole process.....These guys have my 5 stars*****