Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Exhaust Flappers >

Exhaust Flappers

Notices

Exhaust Flappers

Old 03-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By looking at my picture in the earlier post, don't you think that it will be difficult to drill holes on the sides of each tip considering the tight space that I am dealing with?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Registered

you might have to remove them once. but by the looks of that setup you would never have to remove the tips again.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dana marine products
Any of the welded style flappers will be noisy and most likely blowout at some point in the future which will then require you to once again remove your tip(s) and send them out for repair again.

Been down that road one too many times. We got fed up with the sub-standard flappers in the market, so we deveoped a new flapper system that slides in and out from the outside of the boat. Your exhaust tips don't fail, so you shouldn't have to remove them. Not mentioning that taking your tips out is a major pain in the a--.

Here's a link to the Dana Mrine flapper carriages,
http://www.danamarineproducts.com/Pr...7-36d57495cc7b

These are avaialable for both angle cut and straight cut tips. This is truly the first silent operation stainless flapper. It features proper rubber molding the fit the exhaust tubing, and a bump stop to prevent over-opening. Over 2500 units sold, not one complaint or failure.

The nice thing is, if one were to fail, remove two small side bolts, pull the carriage out, push the pin out, install new flapper, slide back into tip, re-bolt, literally a 5 minute fix (without removing the tips!)

Oh-yeah, they carry a lifetime warranty, the only warranty claim I will not backup are overheated parts and melted rubber. Other than that, you'll never pay for replacement parts. After 2500 units sold, and two years in the market we haven't bought a customer a new flapper yet.
I appreciate the information. I talked to the tech support person from your company, and they informed me that this only fits a 4 inch exhaust tip. I am pretty sure that my tips are 3.5 inch, so do you recommend that I just buy the rubber flappers and install them? Thanks for your help!
Old 04-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandLake353
I appreciate the information. I talked to the tech support person from your company, and they informed me that this only fits a 4 inch exhaust tip. I am pretty sure that my tips are 3.5 inch, so do you recommend that I just buy the rubber flappers and install them? Thanks for your help!
I highly doubt you have 3.5" tips and most likely they are standard 4" tips.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is an idea.
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Flappers-workmate-16ft-tape-measure_2793_r.jpg