Innovate air/fuel ratio meter

Notices

Innovate air/fuel ratio meter

Old 08-27-2009, 03:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
I thought Ray told me WOT A/F ratio was supposed to be around 13.5?

Isnt 12.5 still kind of rich for WOT?

FYI - test your stock flame arrestor - mine performed 1 MPH better than K&N and the Hardin.
The third of the three dyno tests posted on the Raylar web site for the Raylar 525hp engine kit (test #61900114) shows the AFR as 13.42 at peak hp and 4900 rpm. At 5200 rpm AFR is 14.00.

http://www.raylarengine.com/dyno.html

Not sure if that is normal AFR for the kit but it sounds awfully lean for real world running.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by raeburn
I was told 12.8 at wot and around 13.5 mid-range cruise, Dustin at Whipple told me 12.5, I think he's being cautious.
He is probably being cautious because he knows that the AFR from a bank of four cylinders at the exhaust collector is the average of the four and since all cylinders are not the same identical AFR some will be leaner than the average and some richer. Its the leanest cylinder that you have to be paying attention to.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

(I'm too chicken to go below 91 because I heard the Whipple Stage 2 calibrations shuts off the knock sensor/timing retard program in the PCM).
I would very surprised if that was the case given Dustin's conservative nature in these matters.

Did you ask Dustin Whipple if that is the case with his Stage 2?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

I was told 12.8 at wot and around 13.5 mid-range cruise, Dustin at Whipple told me 12.5, I think he's being cautious.
My main concern now is cleaning up the idle/low rpm's. That is where most of my transom soot comes from. I notice a huge difference when I run the exhaust through the leg at low rpm's compared with running it straight out.

My stock flame arrestor is long gone. The Hardin Marine arrestor seems pretty good, I took out probably three-quarters of the stainless mesh (left two layers in) - I also took a grinder to the inside of the little velocity stack on the arrestor and smoothed out all the edges.
There you go - I used the same trick on the stock arrestor.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Registered

Default Innovate LM2, Logging of GPS Speed

Anyone have success logging GPS Speed into an Innovate LM2 Analog input. It appears the GPS device output digital signal would need to be converted through a "Digital to Anolog Convertor" to a 0-5V non-pulsed linear output. MPH to Voltage calibration numbers would also be necessary.