Bullet 632ci Power in Force 29 Cat >

Bullet 632ci Power in Force 29 Cat

Notices

Bullet 632ci Power in Force 29 Cat

Old 04-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bullet 632ci Power in Force 29 Cat

Looking for some help and feedback on this engine builder. Anyone have experience with this motor? I am looking at picking up one on the used market (approx. 15 hours). Came out of a twin i/o boat and seller is parting them out. Builder claims it puts out 825hp, but does now recommend 632ci on a single i/o application because of the long stroke. States reliability issues. Looking at putting this is a 2009 Force Offshore 29 Cat, IMCO Xtreme SC outdrive with ext box.

Feedback?
Old 04-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Although I do not know the builder, I am not crazy about 632's. They do not have a very good rod angle ratio. They may work fine in a street/drag car, but not in the endurance type situation that boats will put them in. They will side load the cylinders and wear both the cylinders and pistons much faster than something with a better rod angle. You will need to keep the rpm's very low to help it live. It has nothing to do with the length of the stroke.There are plenty of engines out there over 700 ci, but they use a much taller block, therefore a better rod to stroke ratio.
If you are serious about buying it then check it out very well. It is a major expense and easy to get burned by something that is not what it is supposed to be. Have a professional do a leakdown test and cut open the oil filter to inspect for trash or metal. Hope this helps. Good luck, Eddie.

By the way, I'm sure you could do a search on here and find some info on the builder. I have heard their name before so I'm sure someone on here has used them.