Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
How to change antenna battery on a Livorsi GPS speedo? >

How to change antenna battery on a Livorsi GPS speedo?

Notices

How to change antenna battery on a Livorsi GPS speedo?

Old 07-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You cannot change batteries in these and expect them to work! Been there done that. Unit has to be replaced with a non battery unit since livorsi is not servicing the battery type units now. Ask me know i know this.....
Old 07-21-2010, 12:23 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GAUGETHIS
I would like to clear the air on everytinng I have read. Livorsi is offering a NO Battery GPS antenna for half the cost at 169.00. There should be no further battery issues...
I appreciate what you're trying to do, but that particular solution is not a good one. For me anyway, it creates a customer sat issue. The right thing to do would have been a free replacement for cost of shipping.

I am glad I was able to replace it completely by connecting the speedo to my Navman. It didn't cost me any additional money and I was able to take the hockey puck off the dash.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 08-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reckless32
I'm having my second issue with my monster GPS. Last time I sent it in 3 years ago it was doing the 9 o'clock default on power up.

Now between last fall and the first time I used it this year it goes thru the power up normally, but now defaults back to zero. Flickers once in a while to the first couple of hash marks like it's trying, then back to zero. Recall works fine.

Would the defaulting to zero be battery as well, or no it's indicating something else?
Rick: My unit started doing the exact same thing last week. Start up then go to zero with an occassional bump up a hash mark or two. The recall still seems to work. What did they say about it. Thinking about tying the guage to my antena from my Garmin unit unless the guage itself is shot. thanks, Craig.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Gold Member

I bought my 08 Baja 26 new last year about this time. The gps speedo quit working three weeks ago. Whoever came up with this battery setup at livorsi is either a crackhead or they just want more money out of their customers....not happy with livorsi at all. They should replace at no cost and make it right IMO.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 208 Posts

My antenna battery pooped the bed too this season. Re-wired it to my NMEA output on my GPS and good to go. Took 5 minutes to splice it in and my speedo is cranking again. Now just have to figure out what to do with the dead puck if remove it. Maybe I can bore out the hole and make a cupholder.

Maybe we can send all the dead pucks to a shooting range for target practice!

Pull...!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Registered

Just also went through this with livorsi. Not all the speedo head units are compatible with the new non-battery antenna. Ask me how I know. Had to buy a new speedo head unit as well to get the new antenna to work. My speedo was a 2002 vintage. So basically plan on possibly having to buy a whole new package just for a dead battery. They continue their bad planning and design with not guaranteeing a upgrade path for all.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Registered

Sorry, double post...

Last edited by Kieffer4; 08-16-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless32
I'm having my second issue with my monster GPS. Last time I sent it in 3 years ago it was doing the 9 o'clock default on power up.

Now between last fall and the first time I used it this year it goes thru the power up normally, but now defaults back to zero. Flickers once in a while to the first couple of hash marks like it's trying, then back to zero. Recall works fine.

Would the defaulting to zero be battery as well, or no it's indicating something else?

Rick: My unit started doing the exact same thing last week. Start up then go to zero with an occassional bump up a hash mark or two. The recall still seems to work. What did they say about it. Thinking about tying the guage to my antena from my Garmin unit unless the guage itself is shot. thanks, Craig

Count me in. Mine just started the same symptoms last week. Kind of a pain to rip out the gauge, unglue the puck, send it all in, run around with holes in the dash, and probably find out I need all new stuff. Blows...

One of my tachs went craps and waiting on a new one to come in this week for $230. It's going to cost me a fortune to keep my dash working.....

Last edited by Kieffer4; 08-16-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bringing this back up because I replaced the battery in my Garmin 35 (looks like a mouse) and now gauge is working again. But it is only dislaying rpm and volts.
However I am not getting compass heading or speed. At least it doesn't appear that speed is working. I haven't put the boat in the water yet. Any thoughts on what I may have to do to get it fully functional.

Ray
Old 06-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-oem-17...nmea-0183.html

Here ya go guys. Replace your puck with this one and be done with it. There was a whole thread on it over at Screamandfly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.