Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
options for floor?  carpet or ?  non skid paint? >

options for floor? carpet or ? non skid paint?

Notices

options for floor? carpet or ? non skid paint?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default options for floor? carpet or ? non skid paint?

i am almost done with thewood work in my boat, we had to remove the molded floor of the boat to replace the stringers and transom so now i am forced to go with wood floors. am i stuck going the carpet route? are there other options and if so does anyone have pictures? i was considering this stuff

http://www.ecosafetyproducts.com/Rub...2-6000-100.htm
Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Steve_H

http://www.lonsealspecialty.com/

do a search for lonseal for plenty of pictures.

http://plasteak.com/osc/index.php?cPath=1_30 Good pricing. Ask for Sarah

Last edited by Steve_H; 05-06-2009 at 09:04 AM.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Registered

i dont think i care for that stuff too much.....
Old 05-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

It is much better than a non skid floor. I don't think you'd be able to get your smooth enough to look good with painted non skid since your carpet is most likely glued down. If you want to see what Pirelli looks/feels like in person, you can come check out mine.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Registered

actually there is no carpet, let me rephrase, there are no floors right now LOL. griff, i was talking to baja brian, are you the guy with the checkmate down in hayworth? that stupid marina, i swear, i am not sure we are gonna get to use it this year lol. that floor to me reminds me of a school building but thats just me. i am starting to push back to carpet again but still considering other options. maybe i should come look at yours, whats the cost on it?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Lonseal stuff is ridiculously easy to clean, Dont do carpet unless you like replacing floors.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by regalman4925
actually there is no carpet, let me rephrase, there are no floors right now LOL. griff, i was talking to baja brian, are you the guy with the checkmate down in hayworth? that stupid marina, i swear, i am not sure we are gonna get to use it this year lol. that floor to me reminds me of a school building but thats just me. i am starting to push back to carpet again but still considering other options. maybe i should come look at yours, whats the cost on it?
I used to have the 28 Pantera with the teal & purple graphics. I now have a 32 Active Thunder. I never left either boat in the water. I used to have a slip, but now I have a dry dock spot in Bellevue. I trailer and the boat stays at home and I just use the ramp at the marina.

Cost is not cheap, but it will last forever. Mine was factory installed in both the Pantera and AT.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Has the AT been in the Missouri River? I am sure I would have noticed it
Old 05-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Registered

i think i remember that pantera, black with the eye looking graphics on it? with outboards sitting down on like pier 2 or 3 maybe? i have been down there for about 5 years and my parents about 10 years now. i bet we have talked before and dont even realize it lol. my parents and i along with a bunch of other people in the group are on pier 5. i am getting closer to the point of dry docking also and keeping my boat at home just because of the lack of security and how much i have invested in the boat at this point. i am tempted to keep my bow rider and keep it in my slip and then trailer the baja when i want to take it out. i would like to check your boat out sometime, doesnt seem like there are too many performance boat guys around here....
Old 05-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regalman, Do you have a lineX dealer near you? If so I'm getting ready to do mine, NO NO NO I'm not going to spray it in. Cut out a template that would be like lay in carpet and make a plastic or paper template and spray on it in whatever color and when it sets up just peal it off, and lay it in.You can make it up to 1/4" thick if you want. Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.