whipples manifold gaskets >

whipples manifold gaskets

Notices

whipples manifold gaskets

Old 05-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question whipples manifold gaskets

I did a sea trial on a whipple stage 1 on a 02 hp 500efi. Every thing worked properly except the atomized fuel spraying from between the paper thin manifold gasket. They did not instruct to use rtv as perscribed in the mounting of the manifold to the block. Actually the fuel spray appears to be coming from the assembly joint above the blower to manifold seam. Above that there is another mounting seam where the rotor assembly joins the upper part of the manifold. It appears that there is no gasket. Under boost u can see atomized fuel spraying in a haze all directions. Called Whipple and of course Dustin is on Vacation again. Got them to red label some new gaskets for both lower manifold and the upper manifold on there dime of course. This time I am going to use rtv everywhere.I am not certain that the upper gasket has been left off yet but I am in the process of removing the blower from the mainifold and I am going to put on a bench and break down the upper assembly . To do this it appears that the pop off valve will also need to be removed. We all lalughed about the cheap paper thin gaskets supplied in the kit and now it is all ready haunting me. I told them the junk that they were sending is a joke. I put felpros on the head to manifold upon installation due to the shrinkage of the gasket not allowing the proper allingment of the ports and mounting bolts. Do any of the seasoned pros on offshore only have any tips or comments on this problem. Other than that I have more than enough fuel pressure , on a mechanical fuel pressure guage I have 48 psi undrer boost. Every thing else appears to be in order. Of course the gasket that I think was left off Is part of Whipples responsibility. I did not think that I was going to break the entire assembly apart to baby sit them.
Thanks Chris

Last edited by elise909; 05-07-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: add name