Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Diacom Software Problems need Help ASAP >

Diacom Software Problems need Help ASAP

Notices

Diacom Software Problems need Help ASAP

Old 05-08-2009, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Diacom Software Problems need Help ASAP

I'm using the diacom marine software on my laptop and im hooked up to an 05' merc 5.0 MPI with a pcm555 i believe and when i try to connect to the pcm it will say syncronizing then it will stop and said could not connect. Anyone got the quick fix?
Old 05-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Registered

Are you sure it's a PCM 555???
Old 05-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Registered

I think you're dealing with an ECM 555 not PCM 555 big difference
Old 05-08-2009, 05:19 PM

lol i feel kinda new but its actually an ecm0402 and it has trouble connecting at times or will disconnect but i tihnk it might have been because the boat had 3 batteries that were all dead
Old 05-08-2009, 05:21 PM

Are there also other adapters that i should look into buying for the diacom software? I do alot of mercs, vovlos and omcs and am getting in alot of the newer boats with the ecms that i can pull codes from and look at the data
Old 05-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by outlawinil
I think you're dealing with an ECM 555 not PCM 555 big difference
Good call the ECM has too J plugs to it, And the PCM will have three plugs to it.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Registered

Within the Diacom Software, the ECM and PCM (555) are viewed as the same even though they are different modules.

The option for the 555 selection is all inclusive.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastethanu87
Are there also other adapters that i should look into buying for the diacom software? I do alot of mercs, vovlos and omcs and am getting in alot of the newer boats with the ecms that i can pull codes from and look at the data
It depends on how far you will be going in to diagnostics with your computer system and also what system you have, It can go vary deep in to diagnostics with bulit in manuals and brake out boxes for testing every sensor and wire for info, And could cost any where from $2000.00- $8000.00, Or just have a simple system to just plug it in and read what the engine is doing. I would say learn it and buy it as you go. Chances are you will not need it too often. Now if you do a lot of 2007 and newer smart craft and DTS stuff then you will need it sooner then later. Hope this helps good luck.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boat teck
It depends on how far you will be going in to diagnostics with your computer system and also what system you have, It can go vary deep in to diagnostics with bulit in manuals and brake out boxes for testing every sensor and wire for info, And could cost any where from $2000.00- $8000.00, Or just have a simple system to just plug it in and read what the engine is doing. I would say learn it and buy it as you go. Chances are you will not need it too often. Now if you do a lot of 2007 and newer smart craft and DTS stuff then you will need it sooner then later. Hope this helps good luck.
This is referring to the CDS System. The Diacom System is very nice but does not have the robust capability of the CDS and only costs around $579 and up depending on which $40 adapter you buy. You get a choice of one with it. The most expensive is the CAN adapter at $249.

The CDS is pretty *bit_chin' and nearly impossible for the individual or aftermarket guy to get. Once he gets it, it's even harder to activate... You must have a dealer number thru Merc. You have to use their key to turn it on. You then have to contact SPX/OTC to cross-reference the turn on key and get assigned a new key. Then, the newly assigned password and key are sent back to Merc for relation to the phone number listed for the said Merc Dealer.

From here, they will do extreme diligence to verify that you are in fact using it as a Mercury Certified Repair Facility and if they find out anything in the middle that doesn't line up, you'd be out the expense of the third party software.
This is assuming you bought the "basic kit" which does not include the pre-installed laptop and everything else. You would have to jump through every hoop before you could get them to send you the whole system..

Last edited by SDFever; 05-08-2009 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Should have used spell check
Old 05-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastethanu87
http://www.rinda.com/acro/DiacomMarine.pdf

No OMC coverage though..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.