non stop porpouse >

non stop porpouse

Notices

non stop porpouse

Old 05-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default non stop porpouse

i cant spell porpuse (or however) anyways i have a 24 outlaw. 500hp 1.36 bravo 1 24p bravo1 and at high speeds i cant make it quit porpousing. it does not have tabs... is that my problem. i had a cleaver style prop on it before and it pourposed easier. the bravo 1 prop does better but i still cant get out of it. only way is to trim way down. (which just makes me go slower) and she will stop. i have more left in the engine. i am at the 4800 rpm range with throttle left. at WOT i saw about 5200 but it was porposing badly and hard to hang on to. that is right about the 60mph range i think mabye 55. anyone have this trouble before? and i do feel like i am operating the trim correctly. never had a problem when it had the old engine setup in it. but it prob only had 250 horse due to the 5 flat cam lobes.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you ever tried the Merc Mirage prop?
Old 05-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Registered

i dont have a mirage in the same pitch as the bravo 1. i was told the bravo1 would have more bow lift than the mirage. so i found a bravo 1.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that the B1 has more bow lift...put apparently not enough to hold your bow up but more than you might need. Maybe you borrow a Mirage for a quick test. Either a Mirage 23P or 25P should give you enough data to determine if it will fix your problem. Do you have a lot of gear, ice chest, etc stored in the bow?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Registered

well, i have a spare prop and a couple vests in the very front like 1 foot from bow) in this ski locker looking compartment. then about 3 feet back from that is a sub and box. the side storage areas in the stabbin cabin have more vests and suck in it. and right as you step in the cabin i usually put the cooler down there. it usualy has about 60-90 beers in it. a couple of those canvas fold chairs and thats it. i had 6 people (including me) in the cockpit and about half tank of fuel. 50 gallons.... so i let everyone off the boat and before i put it on the trailer the cooler had a six pack in it and the chairs and such were still in the cabin. i was all by myself and it still did it... i have a mirage 23 i think i can borrow from a warlock at the dry-stack. i do really like how that bravo feels but i know there is more speed left in my boat that this porpousing is really knocking down. i have called bblades 3 times today but cant get bret on the phone
Old 05-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Registered

well, i spoke with brett. he stated that a mirage would hold my bow up more. not promising to fix the concern but he is ure he can make it better. but he can modify my bravo 1 to perform better as well. mabye i can stumble on a 25 mirage plus on ebay
Old 05-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
i cant spell porpuse (or however) anyways i have a 24 outlaw. 500hp 1.36 bravo 1 24p bravo1 and at high speeds i cant make it quit porpousing. it does not have tabs... is that my problem. i had a cleaver style prop on it before and it pourposed easier. the bravo 1 prop does better but i still cant get out of it. only way is to trim way down. (which just makes me go slower) and she will stop. i have more left in the engine. i am at the 4800 rpm range with throttle left. at WOT i saw about 5200 but it was porposing badly and hard to hang on to. that is right about the 60mph range i think mabye 55. anyone have this trouble before? and i do feel like i am operating the trim correctly. never had a problem when it had the old engine setup in it. but it prob only had 250 horse due to the 5 flat cam lobes.
it is the nature of the beast, big power single engine small boat. my 25 active thunder was the same way.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Registered

Find a bravo 3 lower unit that should help out.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine does it at 55 MPH, it quits when you get at about 58. I use a Mirage 25 plus. I think it has to do with the factory "hooks or wedges". The faster you go the higher in the water you are and the less effect they have on pulling the bow down.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered

I have a marage25 will sell for $250 PS YOUR BOAT HAS LOTS OF HOOK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.