Engine cutting in and out >

Engine cutting in and out

Notices

Engine cutting in and out

Old 06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Engine cutting in and out

I have a carbed 502 with an all-in-one MSD ingition and MSD coil and i am having some problems with a power surge of some kind at higher rpms. I had an issue with my volt meter, might have been from a loose connection at the gauge somewhere because the end of the wire (where a splice had rubbed a little) and melted at the connection and gauge quit. I cut the power connections and taped them off going to the gauge and ever since that problem my engine eratically cuts out at WOT. Also, when it starts to act up i will loose around 1k rpm and while running at or near WOT if i adjust my drive or tabs it cuts power to the motor. Like if im running fine at 4800 r's and i hit the drive trim button the engine cuts 5-800r's instantly and then goes back to normal after the trim is released. This doesnt happen all the time though. Also, if this is happing consistantly and i take off plane and rev in neutral it never misses a beat. When do i Begin? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! MIKE