How To Set Gear Shifter/Selector >

How To Set Gear Shifter/Selector

Notices

How To Set Gear Shifter/Selector

Old 06-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To Set Gear Shifter/Selector

Working my way up to the Drivers Seat .. Just finished installing my brand new carb motor but i need help setting the shifter on my Velocity 260.. i've gone from a 7.4l MPI to a 540 Carb Motor..

my problem is that it's going into Forward and Neutral but not reverse.. i took the drive off yesterday to check things out, and was able to do all 3 functions by adjusting the selector on the drive. put everyback but when i go to pull the shifter in reverse the shifter doesn't go all the way..do i have to adjust the cable on the shifter bracket..i was able to do reverse and neutral before i took the drive off, and when i put the drive back on i had forward and neutral..

thanks
Attached Thumbnails How To Set Gear Shifter/Selector-latest-pics-822.jpg  

Last edited by qaberdeen; 06-16-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Take the shift cable off that is next to your carb and below the remote cable (the cable that goes to the thottle). It will have a barrel adjuster with a cotter pin in it. Pull the cotter pin and turn the barrel adjuster forward one turn. Then test it. One turn or two should fix you up. If you go to far, you will have reverse and no forward. There is very little room for error on this. So remember 1 turn and test!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I will try it later..